Weekly Update Thread 9/2/11

Only Redmodelling Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
redfinger ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Weekly Update Thread 9/2/11

Post by redfinger »

Hey guys,

I am taking a more serious effort in keeping my blog updated on a weekly basis, going forward Fridays are going to be my "Update day" I will post links to my Update page here in this thread. My updates will show what is on the workbench and tutorials; this weeks update has;

Week of 8/26/2011
The 30min Rule
Sigard
Dwarf Boar Centaurs!!
Dystopian Wars
and Imperial Fists

Link-- http://redmodeling.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... pdate.html

When I have a new update I will post the link in this thread!

Stop by and leave a comment!!

Ashton
Last edited by redfinger on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Weekly Update Thread

Post by CMSheats »

Wow looks like you did a fantastic job on everything! Could you post a closer pic of the ships? Thanks
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thirty minutes? I can't get a base coat done in that time! lol
and above all if you mix colors, write down the ratios!
Oh, GOD, words of wisdom there!
Years ago, I started keeping a composition notebook of "special" things I've done. I include everything from the exact name, brand & color used to the ratio of one ingredient to the other to the other.

That I am only about 10 pages in speaks to the lack of painting I've done these last couple years. Getting better this last month or 2. I hope I can sustain it.
ordered some UHU Glue from the UK today to add some nice blood and gore effects to the axe
I like how those dwarf centaur bulls are coming along. I hope to see completed pics.
Do you get to paint them, too?

I don't think I could ever bother with oils, but that's a nice result you got. Especially for 30 minutes.

Eric

I've never heard of UHU. Why are you using that for blood & gore? Have you not had much luck with other tactics? I'd love to hear what you tried and the end results.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
redfinger ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by redfinger »

Update for 9/2/11 In this week's update we have;

http://redmodeling.blogspot.com/2011/09 ... -pt-i.html

Progress made on the 120mm Space Marine
Malifaux
IG Commissar
Painting Vehicles Pt. I

Take a look and leave a comment!!

Ashton
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Weekly Update Thread 9/2/11

Post by CMSheats »

Wow! That's amazing how you made the dark and lite colors mix so perfectly! Nice!
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine

Return to “Redmodelling Painting and Converting”