Bad Ass Space Marines!!

Only Redmodelling Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
redfinger ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Bad Ass Space Marines!!

Post by redfinger »

So this is not a commission, just a post about some stuff I am working on. I love Space Marines, I think the fluff is awesome, I think the models, to a degree, are awesome, and I love painting and converting them...So when I set out to build my Imperial Fist army, I decided that I really wanted to take my time and make each marine as unique as possible. In addition I have been reading a lot of the 40k battle books, and though it does not translate so well sometimes in the game, Space Marines are freakin uber!!

So the decision was made to try and make my marines look "bad ass" I know when you see the title to the post you might be thinking that I am implying that these are "bad ass" marine conversions, but that is not what I am leading to at all, in fact I think in some ways my conversion skills are sub-par at best....the conversions I am talking about here are conversions that make marines look "bad ass", as opposed to the Space Marine "two-step"....lean to left, lean to the right...

So in the end my goal is to build the entire Imperial Fist 5th company, and to make each tactical marine, and maybe the others uniquie in some way, something that can contribute to the "bad ass-ness" of their appearance.

Feel free to check out my Imperial Fist album, it has more pictures there of other conversions in various stages of build. In case your wondering too, the bases are resin bases from Base Contacts, tell him Ashton sent you when you order your stuff from him!

So, what Bad A$$ conversions do you have? Lets see em!

Link to album;

https://picasaweb.google.com/RedModelin ... ou_mLiOjAE#

Ashton
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Ass Space Marines!!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Just looking at the 3 models above...

The one kneeling is just kind of "normal" to me. I mean, I like him, but I don't think you hit bad assery with him. : )

The middle one... that's a cool pose. Again, I wouldn't describe him as "bad ass," but I really think you hit a cool pose with him.

The third guy? Mission accomplished. He looks like he's stalking across the battlefield. Well done. Don't change a thing!
I like the grasping hand, as if he's flexing his grip or something.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I agree, the third is great. I personally like the second best though. But I imagine the third took alot more work.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Are you think about selling these?
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

CMSheats wrote:I agree, the third is great. I personally like the second best though. But I imagine the third took alot more work.
I do like the way the helmet on #2 dips below his collar. I didn't notice that on previous examinations. I was too busy looking at the body positioning.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
locust ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by locust »

MagickalMemories wrote:
CMSheats wrote:I agree, the third is great. I personally like the second best though. But I imagine the third took alot more work.
I do like the way the helmet on #2 dips below his collar. I didn't notice that on previous examinations. I was too busy looking at the body positioning.

Eric
That would be due to it being the Sgt.'s chest piece, which has a taller collar. Not that I'm trying to take anything away from his work mind you. I just figured I'd point that bit out.
Go on, laugh! But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure... Then you'll look over and I'll be there... Doin'... stuff!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Lol there always has to be the praticle guy. :-D
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

locust wrote:That would be due to it being the Sgt.'s chest piece, which has a taller collar. Not that I'm trying to take anything away from his work mind you. I just figured I'd point that bit out.
Yeah. I recognized it. If you look at the specific positioning of the head, though, you'll see that it's position really accentuates the difference.

Eric

redfinger ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by redfinger »

Thanks for all the feedback guys....I am not sure if I will be selling them or not, I am still undecided. These marnies are for a Imperial Fist army that I am working on. When I am done building/painting these guys I may sell them, each marine will be in a unique pose, and painted very well, this will be a very high end army when I am done with it.

Ashton
Last edited by redfinger on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Are you going to do stuff like this for the rest of the army? If you are I want to see pictures. :-D
redfinger ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by redfinger »

CMSheats wrote:Are you going to do stuff like this for the rest of the army? If you are I want to see pictures. :-D
Read the post above you ;)

Ashton
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh I thought that the marines you mentioned where the ones in the picture. Didn't realize you meant them all. Sorry about that.

Return to “Redmodelling Painting and Converting”