Looking for a miniature that looks similar to Sorin Markov.

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

Drewvolker ( 102 )
Resident Trader

Looking for a miniature that looks similar to Sorin Markov.

Post by Drewvolker »

Hello folks.

Recently I've been talked into giving warhammer fantasy a shot. I've decided upon Vampire Counts and have already begun to get things rolling for it.

I've read a little bit about what Lords and Heroes the VC's have, and its safe to say I'm going to need to invest in a few HQ models.
Sadly, none of the GW VC lords/heroes models appeal to me on a visual level, except the one named skelly. So I've been trying to look at third party models/other GW models for some conversion work to get a model I like.

Then it hit me. Who is my favorite vampire in just about any lore setting? Sorin Markov from Magic the Gathering.
I like the way he looks, his armor and his sword. Overall his general flavor.

So I've been trying to find a third party/any party model that looks somewhat like him, and so far I've been unsuccessful.

So I thought I'd turn to one of my favorite hobby sites to see if anyone could possibly help me out here.

If this is in the wrong section for such a request, I'm terribly sorry and would be happy to have it moved to whatever section is appropriate.

Anyway, as for model scale I'm looking for warhammer fantasy scale (which is 28mm iirc?) or maybe slightly above warhammer fantasy scale to help him stand out more.

Anyway for those who do not know who Sorin is, I have some pictures you could reference to hopefully jog your memories if you've ever seen a model that looks similar.

Anyway here are the pictures:

And even if you don't know of a model that exactly looks like him, if you could suggest a few different models that could be kitbashed together to make him, or hell if you know of someone who does custom model work and could point me in their direction I'd be forever grateful.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Looking for a miniature that looks similar to Sorin Mark

Post by MagickalMemories »

Moved to the WHFB discussion forum.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Drewvolker ( 102 )
Resident Trader

Post by Drewvolker »

MagickalMemories wrote:Moved to the WHFB discussion forum.

Eric
Ah, thanks for moving it.
Terribly sorry I put it in the wrong section!
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Not allowed to link to non-advetisers, but if you go the the Reapermini site, and do a search for Vampire, I think there is a guy there that might work. Less hair, but very similar style to that - Luvick Siervage. And at only $6.50, a great bargain, too.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

Sigvald the Magnificent from GW Warriors of Chaos line maybe?
Drewvolker ( 102 )
Resident Trader

Post by Drewvolker »

borthcollective wrote:Sigvald the Magnificent from GW Warriors of Chaos line maybe?
Funny you should say that. When I first asked a friend if he knew of any models that would fit my needs he recommended that one as well.

Honestly, that's probably my best call at this point.
Though I am looking into getting a custom mini sculpted, but not sure how that will turn out.
eman1_2 wrote:Not allowed to link to non-advetisers, but if you go the the Reapermini site, and do a search for Vampire, I think there is a guy there that might work. Less hair, but very similar style to that - Luvick Siervage. And at only $6.50, a great bargain, too.
Yeah, I actually stumbled upon that mini while looking through reaper. Sadly it's one solid chunk of metal, and while I really like the body since the armor is pretty close to what I'm looking for, I very much dislike the head/hair and sword. The sword could potentially be an easy fix, but the head would be harder to work around.

Return to “The Olde Worlde”