Dwarf ??

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Dwarf ??

Post by THEFAN »

So I am building some of my first army lists since 5th edition. Last time I played a game of warhammer. Why have they taken the spear option away from the dwarfs??
"I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." - D. Rockefeller creator of the National Education Association.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Dwarf ??

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Dude!

When was the last time Dwarfs could have spears...not 8th, not 7th, not 6th...I don't have 5th handy, but I suspect not then either. 4th is almost certainly the last time. :)

There was no "reason", really, except to differentiate Dwarfs as something other than Stunty Empire troops.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Post by THEFAN »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:Dude!

When was the last time Dwarfs could have spears...not 8th, not 7th, not 6th...I don't have 5th handy, but I suspect not then either. 4th is almost certainly the last time. :)

There was no "reason", really, except to differentiate Dwarfs as something other than Stunty Empire troops.
I kind of figured with all that I see with the new lists it was a long time ago. Tells how long ago I played too. ARGHH!! I'm not to sure I'm going to like some of the new changes. It's almost like they dumbed down the game so it formats like MTG or something.
Thank you
"I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." - D. Rockefeller creator of the National Education Association.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

yeah, they dumbed it down.
manuavering is nothing anymore and magic can be the bomb.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Post by THEFAN »

kturock wrote:yeah, they dumbed it down.
I am thinking when my group gets ready to start playing again this winter to just use the 4th edition rules and take stuff from the other editions that fit. Might use the 5th or 6th edtion magic. I always found 4th edition magic was a bit much or might just tone it down a bit.

Then again I have always found the players make a big difference on how the systems work too.
knightofthelance ( 78 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by knightofthelance »

THEFAN wrote:
kturock wrote:yeah, they dumbed it down.
I am thinking when my group gets ready to start playing again this winter to just use the 4th edition rules and take stuff from the other editions that fit. Might use the 5th or 6th edtion magic. I always found 4th edition magic was a bit much or might just tone it down a bit.

Then again I have always found the players make a big difference on how the systems work too.
The game has been dumbed down A LOT since those days. Terrain means almost nothing to movement, you can reform because someone sneezed. We play an unrecognizable version that starts with 4th and takes good the modifications and leaves out the ones that dumb down the game. It's taken a lot of play testing, but I like where we are with it.

Return to “The Olde Worlde”