DElves dark Riders

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

DElves dark Riders

Post by kturock »

I just got these models off ebay.. supposedly they're GW DElf Dark Riders. No that I got them, I'm not sure.

Anyone recognise them? These are the pics from the 2 auctions. They almost look like from a starter box set. It's hard to tell if the riders were glued to the horses or if they were molded. There appears to be mold lines on the horses; left/right sides; but not the riders.

Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
melquisedeq ( 42 )
BTown Regular

Re: DElves dark Riders

Post by melquisedeq »

I don't think they're official Dark Riders.
As far as I know, the latest Dark Riders are metal sculpts on plastic horses, the horses being of an older mold than those (so those aren't an older model of riders either, I don't think).
They've been around for years and are still the ones GW displays on their site to this day, go there and see the differences.

If I had to wager: Wood Elf Glade Rider horses (and probably legs as well), and randomised Dark Elf Warrior bits to form mix and match riders.
- If we don't min-max, the DM wins! -
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: DElves dark Riders

Post by kturock »

thanks for the reply.. it's a bit late since I already bought them from ebay.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “The Olde Worlde”