New O&G

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

New O&G

Post by Norseman »

Just seen the new O&G book. Really nice. Hard Cover Book.

I couldn't believe the amount of characters.

Also the new spider... It's base size is 3x4 Ogre bases. It is massive!!! Model is absolutely gargantuan, with some nice detail.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: New O&G

Post by oaflord »

Is the rumour about very few magic items true?? Please advise.

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

I will check...

Be back to you around 1pm EST
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

Also, please check if an all-spider army is possible too please!!! That would be cool...

oAF
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Went out for lunch instead of hitting FLGS ... I will go after work 5:15 PM EST Sorry. Couldn't turn down a free lunch.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Oaf, I can confirm -- eight magic items total.

The only new things are the big spider, Mangla Squigs (actually, these are pretty cool), and Nasty Skulkers. Trolls were moved from Rare to Special and dropped five points. River and Stone Trolls are now two separate Rare choices, and are fifteen points cheaper (45). More or less everything else is the same. Savage Boys can take a giant choppa that gives the unit impact hits. Magic was updated to look more like the 8th edition lores. Overall, the army didn't change much at all. Boys and Arrer Boys both got more expensive (which I can't understand).
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

Wow, eight is a significant drop, I guess that is going to be the trend now that the BRB has a ton of them... Now all I need to know is if the all-spider army can be done...

oAF
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Spider riders are troops it does look like the all spider army is possible.
Troll ( 658 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Troll »

i played against someone with an all spider army and that has the new book and using already with 3 of the big spiders...

i use warriors of chaos and lets just say.. no matter how many spiders come at you they are still goblins and still die easy..

the big spiders are good but didnt do too much when chaos knights charged into them.

BUT i must say it was a very fun army to see being played and it looks very cool with all those spiders.!
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

The Arachnarok Spiders do seem very cool. I've run a two Stegadon list and had it do very well, so I would imagine the big spiders will do much of the same. But they're 290 points base, have only a 4+ armor save, and while they are Stubborn, they're only Leadership 6. You have to make sure you cause enough wounds to win combat, or you're in trouble. Of course, with eight attacks at WS4 S5 and a S5 Thunderstomp, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. And that Multiple Wounds attack can be nasty. Especially considering how wide its base is, characters will have a hard time hiding from it.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

So no real changes to the army book....why do a army book then? Why not bring one of the long languishing armies up to speed?
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

gwaddict wrote:So no real changes to the army book....why do a army book then? Why not bring one of the long languishing armies up to speed?
Because they don't likely sell anywhere near as well as Orcs.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Well there are some changes, but Orcs & Goblins haven't really gone without a book long enough for serious changes to be necessary. It's like when GW updates the Space Marine codex -- there's never anything huge, but just enough to push new models. Magic is a lot better, and there are a few new, neat things (Mangla Squigs, Nasty Skulkers, Arachnarok Spider). In 7th edition, O&G were pretty weak, but since this summer, they've been doing all right. And with this new update, a gobbo horde is a little more viable. While it may not be a huge difference, Night Gobbos with spears going from four points to three means that you're saving 50+ points on each Horde unit, which is about enough for another Mangla Squig.

One interesting thing of note -- choppas are no longer a type of weapon, it's a special rule. Seemingly all Orcs have the "Choppa" rule, which states that their weapons gain +1 Strength the first round of combat. Which means that Black Orcs are S7 with Great Weapons on turn one. Again, not a huge change, but a neat one.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I can' believe they're heading back to hardcover army books. Chrissakes--an extra $8.25 US for a book that wasn't really clearly necessary anyway.

Don't get me wrong--it's beautiful. Sewn binding, full colour throughout. But softcover books are $29US. A 27% increase seems like a lot.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

"Heading back to hardcover" would imply there had been hardcover army books in the past. Fantasy has never had hardcover army books. The closest would be the Realms of Chaos books and those are both ancient and so alien to the current style of army book that I would never label them as such.

Back on topic, goblins weren't helped so much by the new army book as they were by going back to percentages for selecting troops. Now an all goblin army can take the boat load of lords and heroes it really needs to put a little extra backbone into the units. It was great in 6th edition (I think 6th) when if you played all goblins you could take two choices per character slot, but goblins got hosed when that got edited out.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.

Return to “The Olde Worlde”