New O&G

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: New O&G

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I do mean the 3rd ed Fantasy and 1st ed 40k stuff. The Warhammer Armies book, Realms of Chaos books, and the Siege book. For 40k, 2 of the 3 Ork army books were hardcover.

In terms of their being alien--I think that the Ere We Go book in particular set the template that is still pretty closely adhered to.

But what I mean is that I can't believe that GW is going (back) to hardcover army books. The core rulebook (the thing you buy one of) is one thing; adding $8 or $10 onto the price of books that you will buy multiples of is preposterous.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Malorian ( 32 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Malorian »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:But what I mean is that I can't believe that GW is going (back) to hardcover army books. The core rulebook (the thing you buy one of) is one thing; adding $8 or $10 onto the price of books that you will buy multiples of is preposterous.
People complain that the soft cover ones were falling apart so GW moved to hardcover with a stronger binding.

They did it to make people happy.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Malorian wrote: People complain that the soft cover ones were falling apart so GW moved to hardcover with a stronger binding.

They did it to make people happy.
If that were true (it's not), then Grey Knights would have been in HC as well.

You know what makes people happy? Good value. That's when you get your money's worth from something. A $30 book shouldn't fall apart. Charging an $8 premium to fix a problem that the cheaper book shouldn't have had will hardly make the buyer happy.

Don't get me wrong--the new book is beautiful--but it's not good value. And it certainly won't discourage the PDF market.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

Return to “The Olde Worlde”