Is anyone else psyched about Shadespire

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Is anyone else psyched about Shadespire

Post by HawtFist »

I feel like Shadespire is an awesome blend of the things I love about warhammer with the things I love about X-wing. Cards to spice things up, pre-made minis usable out of the box BUT also printable, a complex landscape to play on, semi-random objectives, etc.

Just wondering if anyone else is looking forward to this? I don't think it'll end up being traded much, because of the way the game is set up, but still this board seemed like the best place to ask.
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Is anyone else psyched about Shadespire

Post by starship trooper »

I gave up on games workshop about two years ago and just stumbled across this game this week. I'm totally stoked about it, it's an excellent blend of game mechanics. There's no reason you can't pick up each different warband and keep things lively and fresh with your friends and the models look fantastic. And the game moves along quickly. I'm shocked to see more people are not trading and swapping here on Bardertown.
~ We receive all we venture to give...
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

It's a card game that uses minis.

I have all of the 1st release forces except for dearth and will probably buy the newest 2 forces.

But the mechanics are purely a LCG.. you just use minis to help achieve the objective.
It doesn't matter which minis you use. you can only use specific ones for each force. You have no choice, like in any of the other minis games on mixing and matching models.

The only choice is of the different cards you use.
The 'winning decks' use cards from all factions; go figure.

The cards will never be sold without the models.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Can you explain the mixing of cards from all factions... Do you mix mini's as well?
MattHoell ( 100 )
Resident Trader

Post by MattHoell »

No, you squad is you squad and you can ever change the minis in it.

As for cards, when you by a squad it comes with cards. Some of those cards can only be played with that squad others are universal.
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Is it just me or does it feel like they duplicated forces with the Stormcast and the Chaos factions? Just seems redundant.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

starship trooper wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:47 pm
Can you explain the mixing of cards from all factions... Do you mix mini's as well?
There are alot of universal cards. Those can be used with any faction.
Of course, faction specific cards can only be used with that faction.

Minis, at the moment, can't be mixed, until the last release, there was only 1 set of models for each faction. Dwarfs and Chaos would never mix.
I believe the last 2 sets of releases have different factions, like warbands, and can't be mixed.

Think of it like Necromunda. Characters from different factions, gangs, can't be mixed.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

I have to say I'm surprised to see how little its being requested or traded on the site. Is the game no good?
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

starship trooper wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm
I have to say I'm surprised to see how little its being requested or traded on the site. Is the game no good?
Theres nothing really to trade. The box set has rules, alot of generic cards, the boards and 2 factions.
Each of the other sets are factions with specific and generic cards.

i don't see many, if any, only buying 1 set. The entire thing is relatively cheap for GW.

Return to “The Olde Worlde”