Expanding Infinity Icestorm to 200 & 300pts

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

callidusx3 ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Expanding Infinity Icestorm to 200 & 300pts

Post by callidusx3 »

Hello all,

I picked up Icestorm, in great part due to Nomad's miniatures & fluff.

I am going to put the cart before the horse and expand up to 200-205pts before having played a single game (just 1 more figure added to each side). Let me know your thoughts on these additions.

As for my guiding principle, I like to have duplicative units on the board that serve similar roles. I feel this provides tactical flexibility and survivability. Here are the two lists, with the additions in bold.

Nomad 200:

3 Alguacil w/ combi-rifle
2 (1) Mobile Brigada w/ missile launcher & multi-rifle + lt flamer
1 Grenzer w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Spektr w/ combi-rifle
1 Reverand Healer w/ combi-rifle

I intend to make one of the Brigades the lieutenant. I like having two heavy infantry to hold the line and form a tough fire-base (it helps that I really like the armor's aesthetics).

Pan Oceania 200:

3 Fusiliers w/ combi-rifle
1 ORC w/ multi-rifle
2 (1) Akal Commando w/ spitfire & combi-rifle
1 Nisse w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Father-Knight - either w/ spitfire or as Hacker w/ combi-rifle

I probably will make the ORC the lieutenant, though I am considering giving the Father-Knight the role. Though I was initially tempted to add a second ORC, I decided having an additional mobile unit to better control the battlefield was the greater priority.

I also have my next 100pts planned for both, so your input is welcome on these ideas too.

Nomad 300:

3 Alguacil w/ combi-rifle
2 Mobile Brigada w/ missile launcher & multi-rifle + lt flamer
1 Grenzer w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Spektr w/ combi-rifle
1 Reverand Healer w/ combi-rifle
1 Szalamandra w/ hr magnetic cannon + hvy flamer
1 Zondbot (to accompany Reverand Healer or Grenzer [or someone else, as I don't really know how 'bots operate])

The Szalamandra's MagCannon sounds & looks really cool and adds to the strong fire base started with the prior missile launcher addition.

Pan Oceania 300:

3 Fusiliers w/ combi-rifle
1 ORC w/ multi-rifle
2 Akal Commando w/ spitfire & combi-rifle
1 Nisse w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Father-Knight Hacker w/ combi-rifle
1 Tikbalang w/ hvy machine gun + hvy flamer & Crabbot
1 Fugazi Dronbot (to accompany Nisse, maybe Father-Knight)

It seems to me that the the Tikbalang is one of the more mobile TAG units of substance and thus would complement well my board-control goal embodied in the Akal Commando units.

I considered adding engineers to these 300 pt forces, but I am not sure where to squeeze the points from.

Henry R.
Henry R.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”