robotech tactics...

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

robotech tactics...

Post by Daverage007 »

Hey I'm getting into another war-game and was wondering what's your opinion on this soon coming( or if you kicked it may already have a copy) title from palladium books... Robotech tactics

Topics of interest and let me know what you're thinking
terrain table settings( what fits this 1/248 scale city fight setting)
Painting?!?
Basing !?! Ideas
If you have seen it played rules setup
Cost

Honest I am kinda psyched for this and am considering dropzone city scape set... But am not sure how the quality of the paper sets was so any input let me know enjoy your games out there bartertown

David
Swabby ( 198 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: robotech tactics...

Post by Swabby »

Dropzone is 10mm scale, this game is 6mm scale. As far as painting/terrain advice, I would look into battletech stuff like the camospec website, as it is the same scale and there is a TON of information out there although it is way more scattered across the interwebs, and some of it is on those geocities era websites on gaming in this scale.

Really man, painting 6mm is the most fun I have ever had painting. It doesn't take near as long as painting 28mm and the end effect can be awesome.

As far as tables, I have a 6x4 scale board for this game. RRT is going to be my main game from here on out. I am probably going to slowly exchange my 40k stuff on this site for it. There are a bunch of 6mm buildings out there that you can print out yourself, but really the stuff is so easy to make because of the scale that it is almost just worth it to break down and get creative. Plus RRT has some really interesting terrain destruction rules that almost beg to be modeled individually.

I actually hope that Palladium Books makes their own terrain to match their rules in the future.
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

Very cool advice I was had heard 10mm scale talk but the look seemed all more closer scaled to epic miniatures from way back when... Battle tech man I haven't even thought of that game in ages I saw a YouTube video that placed them next to the city fight dropzone terrain and it looked pretty close if it saves me the time and print and build my own buildings time it might be worth it to just spend the 36$... I have seen skirmish fights but what's the look or style of the rpg elements of the game? I have 1 figure from the kickstarter guess I can build it to get a better feel for what will fit just waiting on somewhere to confirm the official release date
Swabby ( 198 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swabby »

Quite a few people are going the dropzone terrain route. I personally won't as it looks huge to me compared to buildings of the proper scale. There are 6mm papercraft buildings you can download free on the net if money is the issue.

There really are not any RPG elements to the game outside of using the miniatures in your RPG game (there are two pages devoted to this). There are rules for converting characters from the RPG into tactics but you end up with super units by doing this.
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

Well I finally found

http://www.sarna.net/files/media/cardstock/

For card stock buildings and the like for a 1:300 battletech scale or close to 6mm scale as I could get I suppose I should really build this model I have so I can get a idea of scale in comparison to the different sizes of terrain

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”