Space battles game? Full Thrust??

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Space battles game? Full Thrust??

Post by starslayer »

Anyone know of a good sci-fi Spaceship battles game that isn't too complicated or expensive?
A long time ago I had fun with Star Frontiers ship battles. (that was cardboard counters) Knight Hawks?
Is Full Thrust any good?
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Space battles game? Full Thrust??

Post by kturock »

Search out dog fight on rpg.com. most is free.. it's a card game, but has maps and looks to be for models also.

I just downloaded it, but haven't read the rules.

But like I said.. most of it is free.. the one part that you can purchase is $5.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
infinite_array ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by infinite_array »

Full Thrust is a fun game, with multiple versions of rules out there - take a look at Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions for one of the better versions, and go to Star Ranger for the data cards for all the 'official' FT faction ships.

And I'm not just saying that because I have two starter fleets to sell!
Please, only U.S. buyers
StingrayP226 ( 50 )
Trade Novice

Post by StingrayP226 »

Their is also Firestorm Armada by Spartan Games. The rule book is a free pdf you can download from their website (or you can buy the book) as well as 1:1 scale cutt outs so you can try before buying. You can get starters pretty inexpensive if you look around (one guy was selling them for $30 a piece a while back).
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

What about star wars x-wing, quick easy rules, models come built and painted. Pretty fun little game. Might be worth checking out.
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”