Deadzone as a replacement for Necromunda

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Deadzone as a replacement for Necromunda

Post by Imaginos »

Anybody else psyched about this? The first real miniatures game I got involved with was Necromunda. Back in college, when Bloodbowl first came out with the styrofoam field, we played it, but not as a minis game. We used just the default teams that came with it and then whatever stats for the race. It was definitely more of a boardgame for us back then.

But back when Necromunda came out, I was walking by a hobby store in the local mall and went in to check it out. They had a huge hive built using the old Necromunda cardboard with the plastic bulkheads. Several sets thrown together in a very intriguing board. I stopped and demo'd the game, then walked out with my own set. I had my Orlocks all painted by the following week for the tournament (and later traded them on this very site).

So I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the urban sci fi skirmish game. Then I saw the kickstarter for Deadzone. Wow. I think this is going to be right up my alley. The minis they've shown look great, the game play sounds interesting, the inclusion of solo, large group, and zombie level play all have me salivating for this game.

Plus the scenery looks awesome. Talk about dropping the value on the secondary market for the Necromunda scenery. No longer paying out the nose for the plastic bulkheads because the Deadzone rules actually have plastic walls (not just bulkheads). So all scenery is plastic, no need to worry about the cardboard tearing. I'm definitely psyched about this one coming out soon.

Anyone else keeping up with it or looking forward to the release?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Deadzone as a replacement for Necromunda

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

I'm following it with interest, but I've spent so much on Kickstarter this year that I don't think I'm buying in--particularly since the pledge rewards don't seem great (compared to other runs).

I also wonder if it will be materially better/different than Urban War etc, and if the terrain is a better deal than Litko and other entries in the market.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

On another board, I saw someone posting the difference comparing what you got for your $ if you went a terrain only pledge level versus buying the same items from GW. I cannot access that site from work, but I'll try to post their findings after I get home tonight.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

This was their post:

Okay, so the $50 Urban Skirmish set (2 battlezones), would be roughly equivalent to getting the following from GW:
Skyshield Landing Pad
Aegis Defence Line
Battlefield Accessories
and maybe Urbam Barricades too, depending on how the Accesories sprue works out, assuming I chose 'Landing Pad' and 'Fortifications' as my two BZs.

That's about $154 for me at GW's online MSRP, maybe less for others.

That also improves a bit if I get a larger bundle. I gotta be careful; I'm talking myself into more here..
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

And, astonishingly, GW's terrain is not gold plated! Can you imagine?

The terrain does interest me--but it's hard to commit to the other battlezones when all I can see is one drawing....
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I'm in for Strike Team and depending on where this weekend goes, may add 4xboosters.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I've blown a wad on this now. At least the wife is okay with it.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

So the final tally was $1,216,482. Unbelievable.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

Why do I always learn about the great kickstarters after they end =(
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
mcfly ( 162 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by mcfly »

gwaddict wrote:Why do I always learn about the great kickstarters after they end =(
Because it is cheaper that way :-D
Gamer since the 80's :)
From Quebec city, Canada, the only fortified city in north-america.

• When using paypal We will ship after paypal confirmation, paypal offers protection anyway.
• Lower rating ships first for trades.
• Trade values are retail for retail unless otherwise stated.
• Pictures are available upon request.
• I ship using Canada Post / USPS and expect the same in return. NO COURIER SERVICES! Ridiculous customs fees with them.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”