WM/Hordes v2 cards

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

WM/Hordes v2 cards

Post by kturock »

I had some Hordes models, when people talked about trying it locally. I bought a starter. The only other player moved away so I sold/traded everything off.

now another guy wants to try it out. He's talked the flgs into getting everything in.

1 of the other locals has a starter from each, but the cards are 1st edition. I've seen alot of posts here saying 1st ed or 2nd ed cards.

so my questions are:
is there that much of a difference between v1 & v2 cards?

could v1 be used in a v2 game and notbe over/under powered?

is there anywhere to download them or do you have to buy new cards? [sounds like a GW tactic, new rules, new codex,]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: WM/Hordes v2 cards

Post by 3eland »

V1 cards won't play "fair" with v2 cards as there have been significant changes from v1 to v2. However, there is an app called war room that can be downloaded on any apple product or on android that has all the cards and automatically updates for you. You get access to all of their "free cards" this includes all of the starter sets and a select bunch others. If you want access to the whole deck (for example you want all of the Cryx cards unlocked) you pay 6.99. Some people think it's not worth the 6.99, I beg to differ as I only purchase it once, I have access to ALL the cards and ANY new cards/updates in the future, when they come out with an update to a card you just download the updates and it changes automatically. You can purchase every single deck for a discounted price, but there isn't really much use unless you plan to have all the armies or you just like looking at virtual cards :D Also the war room has a few other goodies like being able to construct army lists, being able to share armies with an opponent over WiFi, recording damage or referencing quick rules, etc.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Not saying you CAN"T play v2 with v1 however some cards have been totally redone in a way to make them less gimped/over powered so if it is just to try out the game sure why not, if you think it's going to explode into the next Pokemon then I would look into getting v2 cards :D
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

To add on to 3eland, the editions are not really compatible, there was a significant overhaul. Though, if they bought the battle boxes recently, they can use the mispack site to get new mkII cards for free. Otherwise, the WarRoom option would work for free for the starter boxes. They also released sets of cards covering all the models when they moved to MkII that you can buy for around $10 for each faction. Additionally, the cards can be bought on the Privateer site for 50 cents each, though the shipping is a bit insane. Finally, there is a great card swapping/buying thread in the PP forum for picking up cards!
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

If you want to seriously play, no, there's no conversion whatsoever- they're very different.

If you want to try out the game again, a quick fix until you get the new materials:
-use the DL demo rules. The biggest additions are spend focus to shake KD/Stationary, weapon systems are partially functional when broken, warjacks fight until 100% dead
-add +1 to all warjack accuracy. (This was changed when the cards were updated, and the most universal change)

...that'll give a decent flavor of how the newer edition plays.

More than that, and, yeah, need to buy new everything, and there's no real way to overlap the games
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”