Wild West Exodus

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Re: Wild West Exodus

Post by tordeck »

Was planning on getting into this around the $300 levels but crap happened so now I can only do token support. :*(

Read over the Charlie rules and they seem pretty easy to learn and nothing immediately pops out as over powered.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Hey Tordeck, after our PM exchange, we may be able to get together to play and I got in around the $300 level, which just got sweetened yesterday. I expect to have 2 decently large factions plus two smaller ones. May go large on Union with a heavy and Warriors with horses. Outlaws as a smaller band just feels more right and while I like some of the enlightened, I'm really not into painting zombies and such so unless the wave 2 is clockwork, I can't see me getting into them too much.

Shoot me a PM and lets discuss where you are out. Maybe we can work something out with some of the extras for later on if you need it.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Just in case anyone looks at the kickstarter and thinks what I originally thought, don't go by the pledge description on the right. Scroll down the page and look at the pledge graphics. They cannot update the pledge levels once someone pledges, but they keep adding stuff in the pledge graphics toward the bottom of the page.

I'm in at the Fiendish level. Not really feeling the Enlightened, but the completist in me says get them anyway. Will have to consider whether I want to get the Enlightened or double up on one of the others.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Imaginos wrote:Just in case anyone looks at the kickstarter and thinks what I originally thought, don't go by the pledge description on the right. Scroll down the page and look at the pledge graphics. They cannot update the pledge levels once someone pledges, but they keep adding stuff in the pledge graphics toward the bottom of the page.

I'm in at the Fiendish level. Not really feeling the Enlightened, but the completist in me says get them anyway. Will have to consider whether I want to get the Enlightened or double up on one of the others.
I was at Fiendish until last night. Shameless got a real nice bump up.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

What did Shameless get? 1 big vehicle?
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Big vehicle, 2 sets of barricade terrain. Not sure if the badit bag was already there but I think it may have been.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I'll have to keep an eye on it. Shameless is tempting.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

I did a comparison with Repulsive to see what the real difference is now as Repulsive seems to be the sweet spot where you get the most bang for your buck. Here's what I'm seeingthat Repulsive gets over Shameless.

+2 HH Boxes
Upgrade to Outlaw bag over Bandit bag
4 x LS (troops, not vehicles)
1 extra template set
20 extra bases
Art Book
Salloon

When I look at it, the only thing repulsive is getting over Shamelss that really makes a difference to me is the Saloon, but with the $40 trade in value for Rotten, its almost worth trading in the Rotten addon for $40 value then paying $25 for the Rotten pleadge level. You get a bonus $15 towards addons which is half the saloon.

I sort of feel like Shameless just became the place to be unless you are looking for the HH army builders. Repulsive s almost just getting you extra duplicative stuff.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Outlaws was the faction I was looking at the most personally.

And the new $299 level is pretty sweet if you want to go all one faction.

Shameless is the sweet spot if you want to try out all 4 of the KS factions.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
Lochlannon ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Lochlannon »

Just broke 205k holy poop!!! Merc crew should be out today, merc crew part two that is.
Wild West Exodus
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Can't wait to see them and they better get added to Shameless! ;)
Undertaker Deadareit ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Undertaker Deadareit »

I have not but one of my friends has and he totally loves the system. Also there are only 8 days left to get in on the game
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I decided this is my one big gift to myself this year. My tax return present basically. I'm in at Corrupt with the train. :-D

I'm REALLY hoping we get to the Wave 2 hired hands for the Warrior Nation as that is my favorite faction.

Oh, and for those that don't know, this is actually being run by one of our Bartertown sponsors. Romeo from Battlefoam is one of the owners of Outlaw Games. Basically he incorporated a second business to keep it separate from Battlefoam, but it is Romeo.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

question.jpg
Excuse me. Can I ask a question?? What are you folks talking about??? I saw this topic pop up a few days ago and never went to see it. The only part I caught was Deadlands. If someone can give a quick dump on it great! Perhaps a link? I have no clue what a kickstarter is.

Thanks,

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

jason1977 wrote: Excuse me. Can I ask a question?? What are you folks talking about??? I saw this topic pop up a few days ago and never went to see it. The only part I caught was Deadlands. If someone can give a quick dump on it great! Perhaps a link? I have no clue what a kickstarter is.

Thanks,

Jason
You have been PM'd the info.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”