Wild West Exodus

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Wild West Exodus

Post by rnrusa »

Has anyone been following this game? Looks interesting and the sculpts are pretty nice. I'm thinking about backing this on Kickstarter. Anyone have any thoughts on the game or have the PDF rulebook that can give an opinion?
LunaticDreams ( 64 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Wild West Exodus

Post by LunaticDreams »

i seen it but besides the kickstarter not seen much else
alienated_one ( 294 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by alienated_one »

I looked at it, and all I could think was....I hope Shane from Deadlands was involved with this, or there is going to be a lawsuit.
Alienated_One's Rules:
1. Lower Rating Ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. I will answer any PMs that are sent to me, I would appreciate it if you answered my PMs, even with a simple no.

Tip:
If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I scanned trhu it quickly.
I don't think it's enough like Dealands for Shane to have any grounds.. I'll send it to him anyway and let him decide.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I'm backing it! And I agree that the game isn't close enough to Deadlands for any copyright issues.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Shane's exact comment, "Yeah...right in my home town too, it seems. There's nothing actionable, so I wish them well."
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Lochlannon ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Lochlannon »

They just put out a huge train.. It's a huge resin centerpiece. Pretty cool!!
Wild West Exodus
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Well, I'm fully on board with this game. The gameplay seems to be pretty quick, I like the minis a lot, love the setting. Probably the most excited about a game I've been in years.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I love the minis and was planning to back it. But the buy in for the stretch goals is so high that I decided not to. Maybe I'm just spoiled by more reasonable stretch goals.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Not sure I follow on the buy ins as this is the first KS I have backed. Buy ins on the stretch goals? Either they have been added free to different levels or can be bought separately. What am I missing?
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

My bad. I was misreading it. The buy in levels for the stretch goals are not bad. I just bought in at way to high a level.
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

rnrusa wrote:Not sure I follow on the buy ins as this is the first KS I have backed. Buy ins on the stretch goals? Either they have been added free to different levels or can be bought separately. What am I missing?
I can't say for sure, but I think he meant that some Kickstarters only provide the stretch goals to backers at a certain price point. I know I looked at some and did not want to buy into a high enough level to get all the free shiny stuff.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Bahamut_Dragonlord wrote:
rnrusa wrote:Not sure I follow on the buy ins as this is the first KS I have backed. Buy ins on the stretch goals? Either they have been added free to different levels or can be bought separately. What am I missing?
I can't say for sure, but I think he meant that some Kickstarters only provide the stretch goals to backers at a certain price point. I know I looked at some and did not want to buy into a high enough level to get all the free shiny stuff.
Yep, that is what I was saying. But as I later said,I was misreading.
Undertaker Deadareit ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Undertaker Deadareit »

I have been backing their kickstarter fo a while and it seem to be going well. I feel that what I am getting for my pledge is more than worth what my pledge is.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Has anyone been reading or trying out the Charlie rules that are available on their site in PDF? I've watched the gameplay videos and it seems like a pretty straightforward system. Not quite sure how it will scale up as something that seems easy with a few minis can become an accounting problem at bigger sizes, but reports I have read so far seem to be pretty positive as their are rules for moving the single minis into larger units in bigger games.

Anyone actually play around with these yet?

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”