Dystopian wars? How does each faction play?

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

flyingwhale ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Dystopian wars? How does each faction play?

Post by flyingwhale »

Can anyone give me some input on what each faction is like and what's a decent size army or fleet you should have?

I want to play game levels that are equivalent to "1000 point battles" in warhammer 40k

Thanks everyone

- Jordan
"When life gives you lemons you take those lemons and clone them and make super lemons" - Principal Scudworth

Read this before shipping to me
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Dystopian wars? How does each faction play?

Post by kturock »

go to spartan games forum. there are a couple posts on the forums there. small games are basiclly whats in the starter boxes, 500 points.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
flyingwhale ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by flyingwhale »

I looked at some of those but wanted to see if anyone could add to them
"When life gives you lemons you take those lemons and clone them and make super lemons" - Principal Scudworth

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

there is 1 there, that is long and inclusive, but before the french & russians released, ;telling the strengths & weaknesses of each race,
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
flyingwhale ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by flyingwhale »

How about I ask a different one question...cause you seem like you know this game... What faction is easy to play because i'm into so many games right now that I want one that I don't have to think overly hard to play.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

ugh.. they're all different. Land, air or sea? they all cross and some factions are better at one than the other. it really depends on which area your group plays. FSA is like guard, sit back & shoot. Brit is better at subs. Blazing sun rules the air. some have models that do 2 areas. prussians have a GIANT robot that is on land or in water. 2 models, sold seperately.
if your group wants to play water only, than try to get fsa or brit. if they use or add air, then BS. Land.. well the russians are supposed to be tough. [go figure]

best thing is to have the group discuss what they want. there are package deals to get 4 starters & rules. both from spartan games, in UK or from amamzon, ebay or warstore.

flyingwhale ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by flyingwhale »

Thanks that really helps

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”