DropZone Commander

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

LunaticDreams ( 64 )
Journeyman Trader

DropZone Commander

Post by LunaticDreams »

Is now finally available at my local GS. Anyone else really interested in this new game or had a chance to try it yet?
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: DropZone Commander

Post by gwaddict »

No but im also curious about it.
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Haven't seen it at my FLGS.. waiting to see if anyone else locally wants to try it.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
aruki ( 4 )
Trade Novice

Post by aruki »

I bought a phr starter and love the models. Haven't had a chance to play yet but the models will get me to buy more just because of how nice they are. The models I received didn't have a single flaw in the resin and minimal trimming is needed to clean them up. Now i just need a good color scheme that I have the skill to do.
guidelines- Lower rated ships first on trades unless we have dealt with each other before and agree. Sales- If I am buying from you I will pay and you then ship irregardless of rating. If you are buying from me you pay and then I will ship regardless of rating.
http://aruki-40kgruntlove.blogspot.kr/
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I have a rulebook coming. I just won 2 auctions on feebay, 1 for the Shaltari and 1 for the UCM. Looks Eldar and IG. PHR was my 2nd choice.. Looks like SM or Tau. I should say, the deveopment fluff reminds me of them. Shaltari have an esoteric look, and the UCM typical modern/futuristic military. PHR look far future or anime military.
Still can't get an invoice to pay the seller but.....

at least the book's on it's way. Different seller.]
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
VeritasAg ( 26 )
Trade Novice

Post by VeritasAg »

I'd really like to know how it goes with you guys trying it out. Kept an eye on it for awhile but sometimes I hate taking a dive into things I know nothing about!
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

We haven't tried the rules yet. Too many people having the flu have postponed playing. Maybe this week if we're lucky.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Just played tongiht.. it was a success. It's all about movement. The game is all about finding, taking, holding objectives. Only infantry can't take, find hold objectives. Infantry only move 2" per turn. A game lasts 6 turns. Tanks are pretty tough and are good for taking out other vehicles. Dropshops are fragile, ok shooters but are necessary to move and redeploy units.

The game is all about movement, and denying you opponent the chance to move. [by destroying his transports]

3 out of 4 factions work similair. The other transports differently.

Hightower40k ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Hightower40k »

I've played 5 games so far. I play Scourge and I've only played against UCM (United Colonies of Mankind). My units are fast, short range shooting, accurate shooting, and fairly high strength weapons. UCM are tough, with great armor on their tanks, and lots of long-range shooting (ie. 18" vs aircraft, 24" vs tanks). UCM are slow. Both Scourge and UCM basic infantry are weak and slow. UCM have some very fast ground and air units that are good harassers. Scourge have some cool options too!

I've played 3 different scenarios. One has 3 objectives to fight over. One has 20 possible pieces of intel, with only 3 actual objectives. So you have to check them all and try to find the real ones. The third scenario I played involved holding buildings on your opponent's table edge while stopping them from doing the same. All are different and fun. They really encourage mobility and application of firepower. In my last game at one point my opponent and I both had flyers behind our forces sniping at them from the rear. Using the buildings as cover and concealment, and flying "on the deck" to avoid AA is critical. AA fire is SUPER DEADLY and aircraft are needed to move around.

We have about 6 players in my area. So far only 4 of us have our armies ready to play. A few more are working on them...

I'm in Spokane Washington. I play at The Gamer's Haven.
Once a Marine, always a Marine!
ben martinez ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by ben martinez »

Scourge infantry is far from weak. They have the combined fire that can bring down any tank per squad. They have good AA also for infantry. You should try focusing them on a unit of enemy tanks one base per tank and see how many you destroy in one turn. I run four squads of three in almost every game.

We have all four armies in play here (even if the game has died down a LOT). We play a custom game with a water tower in the center being the objective. Aliens poison it and humans/PHR purify it all on 5+ if in range. It cant be destroyed and whatever its condition at the end of the game is who wins. Game ends on turn 6. Try it out, it is fun and gets intense lol.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”