Anyone else looking into Sedition Wars?

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Anyone else looking into Sedition Wars?

Post by gardenninja »

Just thought I'd chime in here to see if anyone else is following the kickstarter from Coolmini/Studio McVey. I played their demo last year at Gencon, and overall it played pretty well. A little like Space Hulk, except that the heroes can get infected and turn into nano-virus zombies.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else was following the kickstarter campaign.
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA Planet Earth Sol System Milky Way Known Universe

Re: Anyone else looking into Sedition Wars?

Post by themailedfist »

Following it and in for $100 in fact.

--Robert
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

Yeah, Biohazard is definitely the way to go.

I could probably pass on most of the extras, but the terrain pack looks great.
Shane ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Shane »

I'm also in for a hundred. Though I was a bit reluctant. Our local store did Dark Age a few years ago and ran into supply problems (couldn't get product in a timely manner) Since Sedition is also partnered with the same group, I may have trouble getting the store to carry it.
Always looking for well sculpted Female miniatures.
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA Planet Earth Sol System Milky Way Known Universe

Post by themailedfist »

Always a concern with any new game. And it's sad that it often turns into a chicken-egg syndrome: retailers won't stock it because there isn't a proven market, there can't be a proven market because they won't stock it PLUS if they do stock it and the market is really hot for it.... there's no supply available and the market dies due to starvation.

--Robert
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

I can see that chicken/egg problem. It seems like there's a lot that can go wrong with a new property.

I wonder if Kickstarter adds an element of predictability to the whole thing. I mean, they're generating pre-orders and buzz- which is nice for new properties. Might it be a way to overcome this issue?

On the other hand, I find it easier to get into a new board game than other miniatures games because I still have a complete game even if there is no further support for it.

With Dark Age, I got the impression that the whole range and rules were on hiatus for a little while, and were re-booted about a year ago (for some time their new releases were minis that existed already- some of them I owned). But there might also have been other stocking problems.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

The downside for a retailer is, with the kickstarter being what it is and all of the stretch goal additions, how many people will buy it if they do stock it? You would figure a lot of the buyers are already buying it through the kickstarter, and I don't recall seeing any purchase options for a retailer that lets a retailer get copies at retailer discount with the bonuses. If I were a retailer, I would be even more concerned about stocking the game.

Sometimes I think a kickstarter project shoots itself in the foot with its success.
alienated_one ( 294 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by alienated_one »

Imaginos wrote:Sometimes I think a kickstarter project shoots itself in the foot with its success.
I really think that Zombicide did this. They sold so many in the KS, that the boxed sets will sit on the shelves at the retailers.
Alienated_One's Rules:
1. Lower Rating Ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. I will answer any PMs that are sent to me, I would appreciate it if you answered my PMs, even with a simple no.

Tip:
If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

You know, this is still so new that I'm not sure how it will all shake out.

I mean, sure it is a problem if they've undervalued their actual product by creating a super-deal.

On the other hand, the kickstarter did create a lot of buzz. I wonder if there is any problem with that overall. I would never have heard of zombicide otherwise, and now I'm interested in it (but didn't get in on the kickstarter).
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Missed out on the Zombicide thing. Too bad, I like Zombie games.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

I am trying to avoid Sedition Wars, as that is sooo nice looking, and NONE of my regular gaming buddies wants anything to do with it. (Plus, not having a credit card makes Amazon cry.. )

I WOULD support the Mantic one, but, once again, running up against No Way To Give Them Money that I can actually go and do..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Sedition Wars looks great, but GW is still the ones getting my hobby $. It's what people play for the most part.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

Last 8 hours to donate. You get so much stuff for $100 that this is a steal.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Got a link?? Too bad they don't take PayPal.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”