Spartan games

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Spartan games

Post by kturock »

Has anyone read or preferably played; all of Spartan games games?
Are the rules for Uncharted seas, Dystopian wars & Firestorm Armarda the same or similiar?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
TexasPI007 ( 16 )
BTown Regular

Re: Spartan games

Post by TexasPI007 »

I have Uncharted Seas and Dystopian Wars, I cannot speak for Firestorm Armada but I believe it will be similar: Their games share the same design basics but are not identical in all things. Uncharted Seas is a more simpler or slimmed down relative of Dystopian Wars. Their games play well and the mechanics are smooth.
Enimo Et Fide
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Parts of Uncharted Seas are really strong--and their are parts that drive me bananas. They need more playtestng. Haven't played Dystopian, and I'm oping the other games show the results of their experiences with US.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Ive bought the rule book for DW looks good.

I here that FA is a little glitchy but all the rules were worked out for DW.

I hope to play a few games soon.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Just received my DW rulebook so i'm going through. looks really neat so far, a lot of complex rules but everything seems to integrate itself pretty well

As Norseman, going to play a couple of games with just the starter and build on that

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I've played DW a couple weeks ago. The rules look complex, but they're really not. ALot is just common sense. And, unlike gw, they repeat the same rule everytime it's applicable, or not. IE. this rule means this, means this, and not this. So there's no question about what a rule means, does it apply to this model, during this situtaion or not.

I've got the FA rules. They're alot alike. If I'm not mistaken, SG is trying to have the rules very similiar for all their games, so changing from 1 to another isn't learning an entire new ruleset.

DW is releasing an new edition. The updates from the current version to new ediotion about to be released are already posted FOR FREE on their website.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

The update is already available on their website, just a couple of pages and mostly clarification and terms change

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”