Getting Started In Heavy Gear Tutorial

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Getting Started In Heavy Gear Tutorial

Post by ancientsociety »

In case anyone's interested, I wrote up a quick tutorial on how to get started with Heavy Gear Blitz!. See below:

http://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2012 ... -gear.html

Comments welcome!
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Getting Started In Heavy Gear Tutorial

Post by gwaddict »

Hey, thanks a bunch for posting this. I have a starter set and still havent got around to playing it yet. Not sure what weapons etc to put on my gears so the fight would be balanced. Any tips? Thanks for your time and the great article.
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Getting Started In Heavy Gear Tutorial

Post by ancientsociety »

Hard to say. The LACs (Light AutoCannons) are their typical armament. If you want to make them usable if you go on to play either Southern or Northern armies (or both), the Hunters have access to the SC (Snub Cannon) & the Jagers have access to the LBZK (Light BaZooKa). Both typically have some access to the MACs and FGCs. Personally, I'd give the Hunters the SC & 2 MACs (short range & 2 long range) and the Jagers the LBZK & 2 FGCs (long range & 2 short range). All the gears (except for the Hunter with the SC) will also have LRPs.

Be sure to go to the dp9forums and ask questions there. Also download the current version of Gear Garage from there - it's totally free and you can play around with army lists before buying.

Also, go to Drivethrurpg, look under the Dream Pod 9 page, and pick up all the Gear Up magazines (they're free to dl). Gear Up #5 is especially interesting (and not just because two of my Golden Gear contest entries are featured in it!) since there are revised TV (threat value, HG's name for "points") tables to conform with the new NuCoal codex and it's looking like we may get an update to the HG rules in the next year or so.
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”