Firestorm Armada Input wanted

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

bhouze ( 44 )
Journeyman Trader

Firestorm Armada Input wanted

Post by bhouze »

Some of the boys want to try Firestorm Armada.
I've read the rules a few times but I sure would like to get some input as to players favorite fleets and why.
I do like the terrans' turrets, and the Drenzi gun racks seem a little undergunned for being split between two sides. The abilites of some basic starter fleets that have battleships with FW ability seems good aswell since we'll probably be playing the basic fleets for a while.
Any help would be appreciated
Brad
infinite_array ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Firestorm Armada Input wanted

Post by infinite_array »

I've only played a single game so far, but I can tell the game is of the 'handfuls of dice' sort - and it's fun! I decided to try The Directorate, mostly due to the fact that their Battleship, undamaged, can throw out a linked shot with 17 AD (attack dice).

My advice would be to get the rulebook, if you haven't already. After getting a good feel for the rule, check out the Download section of Spartan Games for Firestorm.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/firestorm_downloads.html

Here, there are 3 cutout fleets, and 'Fleet Information Guides' for each of the 6 factions. You could simply cut out a fleet, and then try a few games with whatever faction you'd like to try. The cool thing about Firestorm is that all measurements are made from the flight stand 'peg' itself, so all the fleets are interchangeable!
Please, only U.S. buyers

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”