Searching is currently broken.

We're aware that most searches result in a 504 Gateway Timeout error.

We are currently working with our host and the phpBB community to find a fix. Follow along, here.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes many of you, and we will update the thread linked when we have more information.

Thanks,
Plarz

Expanding Infinity Icestorm to 200 & 300pts

Discussion area for non-GW futuristic wargames.

Moderator: Moderators

callidusx3 ( 432 )
BTown Regular

Expanding Infinity Icestorm to 200 & 300pts

Post by callidusx3 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:50 am

Hello all,

I picked up Icestorm, in great part due to Nomad's miniatures & fluff.

I am going to put the cart before the horse and expand up to 200-205pts before having played a single game (just 1 more figure added to each side). Let me know your thoughts on these additions.

As for my guiding principle, I like to have duplicative units on the board that serve similar roles. I feel this provides tactical flexibility and survivability. Here are the two lists, with the additions in bold.

Nomad 200:

3 Alguacil w/ combi-rifle
2 (1) Mobile Brigada w/ missile launcher & multi-rifle + lt flamer
1 Grenzer w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Spektr w/ combi-rifle
1 Reverand Healer w/ combi-rifle

I intend to make one of the Brigades the lieutenant. I like having two heavy infantry to hold the line and form a tough fire-base (it helps that I really like the armor's aesthetics).

Pan Oceania 200:

3 Fusiliers w/ combi-rifle
1 ORC w/ multi-rifle
2 (1) Akal Commando w/ spitfire & combi-rifle
1 Nisse w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Father-Knight - either w/ spitfire or as Hacker w/ combi-rifle

I probably will make the ORC the lieutenant, though I am considering giving the Father-Knight the role. Though I was initially tempted to add a second ORC, I decided having an additional mobile unit to better control the battlefield was the greater priority.

I also have my next 100pts planned for both, so your input is welcome on these ideas too.

Nomad 300:

3 Alguacil w/ combi-rifle
2 Mobile Brigada w/ missile launcher & multi-rifle + lt flamer
1 Grenzer w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Spektr w/ combi-rifle
1 Reverand Healer w/ combi-rifle
1 Szalamandra w/ hr magnetic cannon + hvy flamer
1 Zondbot (to accompany Reverand Healer or Grenzer [or someone else, as I don't really know how 'bots operate])

The Szalamandra's MagCannon sounds & looks really cool and adds to the strong fire base started with the prior missile launcher addition.

Pan Oceania 300:

3 Fusiliers w/ combi-rifle
1 ORC w/ multi-rifle
2 Akal Commando w/ spitfire & combi-rifle
1 Nisse w/ multi-sniper rifle
1 Father-Knight Hacker w/ combi-rifle
1 Tikbalang w/ hvy machine gun + hvy flamer & Crabbot
1 Fugazi Dronbot (to accompany Nisse, maybe Father-Knight)

It seems to me that the the Tikbalang is one of the more mobile TAG units of substance and thus would complement well my board-control goal embodied in the Akal Commando units.

I considered adding engineers to these 300 pt forces, but I am not sure where to squeeze the points from.

Henry R.
Henry R.

Return to “Other Dystopian Futures”