2018 Members Assembly Challenge

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

2018 Members Assembly Challenge

Post by kturock »

3rd Annual Bartertown Members Assembly Challenge!!!

Here are the revised points scoring system for building models.

You get 1 point for each piece you attach. If the arm attaches to the hand/gun; that's 2 pieces.
Front torso to back torso with legs, 2 pieces. 2 points.
If the legs attach to a front torso and a separate back torso, that 3 points.
Head and hair separate, 1 point each.
If you customize a model, by adding bits to it or change a weapon, say swap a weapon, you get points for the pieces. For example, the arm has a no weapon, and the hand weapon are 1 piece; that's 2 points. If the hand/arm/weapon are already molded as 1 piece [1 point] and you cut the weapon off and add a gun; that's 2 pieces, 2 points.
So yes, you get more points for more work.

ALSO you get points for extra parts that you build to swap out; either by using magnets, pins or tongue and groove.

Bases ONLY IF THEY ARE INTEGRAL, INCLUDED IN THE MODEL KIT, are counted. [See example below.]
Pouches, holsters, grenades, stikkbombs, knives and such that are optional bits are ONLY COUNTED IF THEY ARE ATTACHED WHEN BUILT AND PHOTOS TAKEN. [I don't attach mine until after the model is painted, so I don't get points for them.]

Keep track of your pieces.

Now get building!

kturock 1991
akum 1396
magicalmemories 644 [with bonuses]
warlordgarou 580

Who else is in?

Example This model has a pre-molded base. I attached it to another base to give it more stability. IT GETS NO POINTS because it was a base included with the model.
If you attach a model, with a base, to another base, say for a diorama, then it DOES NOT get points for the extra base.
If you put material on the base, for scenary, say sand, flock, cork, it/they don't count for points.
If you build or convert another model to the base, it DOES GET POINTS. For example; the Aleguzler Gargant has a model human that can be added to his hand or modded to be running away. That 1 piece model is worth 1 point attached to the base or the model's hand; or where ever you attach it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kturock on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Re: 2018 Members Assebly Challenge

Post by kturock »

And I'll start it off. I had the 2 days after new years off and have been building models I got for Christmas.
All of these are from the Shadows of Brimstone game. 136 points. [points changed to new system]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kturock on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 2018 Members Assebly Challenge

Post by warlordgarou »

I'm in.
kturock ( 590 )

Re: 2018 Members Assembly Challenge

Post by kturock »

Last of my Shadows of Brimstone models.
58 points total.
Last edited by kturock on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

And the 1st of my Orks.
1 Shokk Attack Gun. 15 points.
3 bikers 67 points.

82 points total.
Last edited by kturock on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

POINTS!
20180109_005306.jpg
20 points by current scheme.
More, if I get points for hand-swaps on most models to add 40k guns (Khorne Cultists), and adding holstered guns, etc to the ones that aren't holding guns.
I don't even remember how many pieces each one was in, if we go by the "1 point per piece" scheme being discussed.
20180109_000101.jpg
5 Termies: 10 points by current scheme (40, if using poits/piece, as they're 8 pieces each - excluding bases)
10 WHFB Chaos Marauders with Gun swaps: 10 by current scheme, with bonuses if converting to hold bolters count [more Khorne Cultists] (81, if using points/piece - 7 per cultist [x9] & 9 for cultist champ - excluding bases).

So, 40 points or... I don't know how many points. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

You better start counting pieces for piece counts. ;-)
I'm looking at the instructions and counting from there.

I usually don't add holsters, packs, belt knives, stick bombs and such until I paint the model. None of my Necromunda models have them. If they get added, it'll be later. But then again, they're in last years contest.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 am
I usually don't add holsters, packs, belt knives, stick bombs and such until I paint the model. None of my Necromunda models have them. If they get added, it'll be later. But then again, they're in last years contest.
None of those would count, though. Grenade packs and things like that aren't included in the suggested "point per piece" idea.
I'm not saying we couldn't add them... just that we haven't yet.

I think, rather than derail THIS tread, we can just discuss it in the other one.
We probably should have done more discussion in advance. ; )

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Here are the 5 Ork Lootas.
New points 40.
Last edited by kturock on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

10 Ork Boyz and 1 Nob.
74 points [1x8. 4x6. 6x7]
Last edited by kturock on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish1983 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by Irish1983 »

Does this post need to be edited to account for the point per piece theme we discussed? IE single cast model glued to base = 1 point. two part model glued to base = 2 points?
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Irish1983 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 pm
Does this post need to be edited to account for the point per piece theme we discussed? IE single cast model glued to base = 1 point. two part model glued to base = 2 points?
It will be if that is what is decided upon.
I'm keeping track of all of my builds.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Rats Nest. 2 pieces. no base. [this goes with the 1 piece rats I used in the basing example]

Ork Trukk 83 pieces.

85 more points.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I did a count.
There are 96 different pieces here, including plasticard, bits, and cut pieces that were repositioned into 2 pieces.
(This image doesn't show it, but there are 2 turrets. Both are included in the 96 pieces, and are shown in the thread I posted about it)

+96

Not sure if there are extra points involved for complexity, but the nature of this thing (only the base of the cab, tires and the engine are assembled as expected) meant that I have 12 to 14 hours of work in on this thing.

I need to get a point count on that Warlord Titan Claw, now! LOL

Eric

There might even be more. I kinda lost count of all the little plasticard bits.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Probably undercounted here, but I have a minimum of 108 pieces:

I have about 20 hours, all told, into this piece.
Due to the nature of the conversions and amount of "creativity" I had to use to get things together, I'm not sure if it's worth bonus points.
God knows it took longer than almost any other I've assembled.

+108

Eric

Return to “Creative Endeavors”