Problem with GW Technical Earth paints.

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Problem with GW Technical Earth paints.

Post by kturock »

Question about GW paints. I have 2 different colors of the Technical Earth paints. When they dry they crank and then peel off. I know it's supposed to crack, but how do I keep it from flaking off? TIA?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Problem with GW Technical Earth paints.

Post by hapotte »

Are you painting the base before or do you apply it directly to the plastic base?

I never had problem with agrelan earth over painted base but It did peel of just over my plastic base when I first tried it.
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

hapotte wrote: I never had problem with agrelan earth over painted base but It did peel of just over my plastic base when I first tried it.
No primer?

Prime everything!
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Yes I primed them. This isn't the 1st time I've used them, or had problems with them.

What I ended up doing is putting GW's Lahmain Medium over the semi-dry paint. It holds the flakes in place.

I'll post pics when I can.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Here are the bases. 2 types of Earth, Lahmain Medium and Stirling Mud. Sealed them with a dullcoat.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”