Kingdom Death: Monster bases

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Kingdom Death: Monster bases

Post by gardenninja »

A client of mine wanted the monster bases from his Kingdom Death set to more closely match the awesome setting in the plane of faces. He also requested places that he could make into lava or little streams of blood (especially blood flowing out of a mouth that the Butcher is standing on).

Here are the greens for these bases. He'll be painting all of these himself, so my work here is done.

gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Re: Kingdom Death: Monster bases

Post by gardenninja »

And here's a second set of them. The main themes were the same, but this time less rivers of blood/lava.

The white lion is on a the "plain of feet." This is a little call out to one of the hunt events- it can result in almost nothing happening, but it might end with the party finding the bottom of the world and falling (upwards) to their deaths.

I did a different composition this time, but I still used the concept of the acanthus plant growing out of a cracked stone face.

The butcher, Kingsman and the Hand are on graduating bases (the Kings Hand wasn't glued onto the base at the time I took these photographs). I really feel that these ones are a good baseline for that the plain of faces looks like.

The Watcher and Phoenix weren't completely assembled (just enough to get them centered on their bases). I decided to create a cracked base, maybe from an earthquake or some other monumental event that acts as a harbinger for the Watcher's arrival.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”