Question for those experienced with airbrushes

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Question for those experienced with airbrushes

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm having crap luck finding the info/answer on my own. I'm an EXTREME airbrush newb.

I have a Paasche compressor & hose. I have a Badger airbrush. I THOUGHT I bought a quick disconnect that would link the Paasche hose to the badger airbrush. No such luck.
So, my question is; If I buy a Badger hose, is there some sort of fitting I can buy to (a) hook a BADGER hose to a PAASCHE compressor or (b) link a BADGER hose to a PAASCHE hose?

I want to use a quick disconnect on my airbrush because, with my luck, I'll *F* up the airbrush the first time I try to disconnect it from the hose if I don't... but I don't really want to spend the money to buy a new compressor or airbrush, since these are both pretty nice -and not inexpensive- pieces to have to replace.

Thanks in advance.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Question for those experienced with airbrushes

Post by pretre »

People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

My problem is item description.
Forgive me if I sound like a total idiot (I use eBay mostly and rarely use Amazon), but I can't find one. The last time I bought something on Amazon without a description, because the title looked like what I wanted, I ended up with a Badger Quick Disconnect for the airbrush that wouldn't fit my Paasche Quick Disconnect for the hose (though the item title made it sound like it WOULD).

I don't see any description that makes it idiot proof, "This adapter screws onto the end of your Badger Airbrush to allow you to use it with a Paasche air hose."

KWIM?

Thanks!

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Well, you have a Badger airbrush and a Paasche airhose, right? :)

Other than that, you might take it into a shop and see what they have.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yeah, but... being so NEWB at it, I'm not sure that's what I need.
Screw it. I bought it.
Thanks for the link.
If it's not right, it'll be a $5 lesson in learning WTF I'm doing! LOL

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Let me know so I can feel bad that I misled you.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

You want a quick release. Here is a helpful video regarding them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6dDIRuWwY

Do you use 1/8 or 1/4 for your Badger?

Badger Air-Brush Co. 51-042 QD Couple (this includes both pieces. So the piece for the end of your hose and the piece for your brush): http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush- ... _ac_text_y

That should do you (but make sure it'll fit your brush)

The adapter Pretre gave you SHOULD connect the Paasche hose to the quick release body. Although the description does say
A must for multi-airbrush users utilizing a standard Badger airbrush hose (with hose adaptors for varying brands) and threading one airbrush off and the next airbrush on when changing airbrush
so would seem they have the adapter for you.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, the thing about my Badger (Patriot) Quick release is that it's only the airbrush half. It was bought to fit into the Paasche female end.
I do have a complete Paasche QR, though.

My HOPE is that this will screw onto the Badger, then I can attach the Paasche QR to it. Failing that, if it just attaches to the hose I'll be happy, because I'll be able to just unscrew it from the hose when I need to detach it.

I can't YouTube at work. I'll have to check that link later. Thanks.

Oh, and Pretre? Will do! : )

Eric

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

There are several airbrush user groups on yahoo groups. I belong to one. I'll email you the specifics. CSRs from most, if not, all of the airbrush companies are on the group. They are usually glad to answer questions.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

The man, you are!
Thanks, kt.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

as soon as I find the info....
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

pretre wrote:Let me know so I can feel bad that I misled you.
It arrived today. I was quite happy.
...until the "Badger" side didn't fit my Badger. It's too big. : (

I've emailed the seller to see how this can be resolved.

Eric

Return to “Creative Endeavors”