Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: 2017 Bartertown Members Assembly Challenge

Post by HawtFist »

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Catacomb Command Barge, magnetized to work as an annihilation barge. Overlord, Lord, half painted cryptek.

3 for the HQs. Do we count the barge as a small or medium vehicle (5 or 6 points?) and may I have an extra point for magnets?
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
Irish1983 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by Irish1983 »

Nice. I need to update all the *edit* I have been working on. Sadly as we established already terrain is not models, as i just built two imperial sectors and a frost grave board.
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

I feel like terrain should count, but I guess if I'm basically gone for 6 months I can't complain.
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

HawtFist wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm
3 for the HQs. Do we count the barge as a small or medium vehicle (5 or 6 points?) and may I have an extra point for magnets?
You can have 6 pts for size and an extra for magnets, sure. It's not like the points matter, right? Plus, 10 is easier to add than 9, at least before the coffee kicks in.

I really, really need to take some pics. I have a moderate backlog, and am staring at assembling about 600 models in the next 3 months, so I might as well claim some bragging rights, eh?
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Irish1983 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:21 pm
Nice. I need to update all the *edit* I have been working on. Sadly as we established already terrain is not models, as i just built two imperial sectors and a frost grave board.
IIRC, we had a terrain challenge a couple years back, with almost no participation. Shame, really, because good terrain makes a game pop just as much as fully painted armies does.
Irish1983 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by Irish1983 »

600 models.....if you pull that off you might as well claim total annihilation haha. I have around 200-250 new models made/in the construction but not 600. No way I manage to pull that off haha.
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

warlordgarou wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:12 pm
HawtFist wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm
You can have 6 pts for size and an extra for magnets, sure. It's not like the points matter, right? Plus, 10 is easier to add than 9, at least before the coffee kicks in.

I really, really need to take some pics. I have a moderate backlog, and am staring at assembling about 600 models in the next 3 months, so I might as well claim some bragging rights, eh?

Dude if you get 600 done in less than a month you will be my hero.

warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Finally catching up on some of the stuff I assembled since the beginning of November. (My FLGS started a Toys 4 Tots lock-in last year, and did the same this year. I was scrambling to build some minis for some events).

I had already claimed 50 of these Brits, but there are another 84 of them (technically, some are Hanoverians, but anyway) assembled, primed, and even a few with paint on them now.
IMG_7164.JPG
IMG_7165.JPG
Can't have Brits without some French to fight. There are 125 of them in this picture.
IMG_7163.JPG
And, I also got the entire base set of Test of Honor assembled, plus the Pauper soldiers box, so that's another 46 models.
IMG_7065.JPG
If I have done my math right, that's 225 points of stuff assembled. I still have more to go to round out the year - I have units of cavalry where I can't count them until the riders are assembled too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Irish1983 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by Irish1983 »

Nice Warlord. After finals next week I have a space marine army to account for and some other random 40K.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Quick break from Nappies. I do like the new GW models, when it comes to assembly. Yes, they are monopose, but much more dynamic than their monopose models used to be.

20 pox
7 marines
3 characters
1 drone
32 points for the lot? (It's well before the coffee has kicked in today)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HawtFist »

Nice job Warlord!

I've got:

1 Fedtid Bloat drone - 3 pts
7 Plague Marines - 7 pts
7 Pox Walkers - 7 pts
3 Death Guard characters (one of which is in Terminator armor) - 4 pts
A base of scarabs- 1 pt
Marine Captain in Gravis - 2 pts
1 Marine LT (I built the other, can't find him. Suspect my son) - 1 pt
An Ancient - 1 pt
2 Sisters of Silence - 2 pts
Inquisitor Greyfax - 1 pt
A Painboy - 1 pt
A Runtherd - 1 pt
And 10 Gretchin - 10 pts

41 points If I did the math right. I think I'll have another 40 or So points done before we are done.

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Finally posting minis I built but forgot to photograph and submit.

1st pic. Finally finished building Archaon. I was building and painting at the same time. Barely finished the build part. Panting won't be complete this year.

Next are some Shadows of Brimestone boardgame minis along with Shadespire and a couple Necromunda Goliaths.

Archaon 8 points like a Trygon

SoB.
Round Drones 3x2 = 6
Necrodoc 2
Autoturrets 3x1= 3
Necro drones 6x1= 6
Zombie astronauts 6x1 = 6
Oruks 4x1=4
Goliaths 3x1= 3
sub-total 30

Total 38

Found 4 Chaos Marauders and Archaon.

Fireslayers I forgot I had and built, that needed to be put away. [yes my den is that much of a mess]

Chaos Marauders 4x1=4
Archaon for the previously listed mount 0.

Fyreslayers 12x1 =12.
Runelord on magmadroth. 6,7 ? Not sure how many points.

Total of 16 + ? =

Grand total of 54+ ?

I built the local GW stores Goliath for them, while waiting for mine. I'll take pics later.

Still haven't gotten pics of the GW stores Goliaths, but I did finish mine as well as the Escher gangers and Magnus the Red.

Magnus the Red. Weapons and arm magnetized.

The last 7 of my Goliaths and the 10 Escher Gangers.

Magnus 8 points.
17 gangers 17 points.

25 for this edit plus 54 from the earlier part of the post, plus the Magmadroth..7? He is small than Magmus Or Archaeon at 8.
so, 25+54+7=86.

Correct?

And my Shadespire starter box set models.

3 @ 2 points = 6
5 @ 1 point = 5
total of 11

so 11 + 86 from above is 97.

And 1 more.
Gor Half Horn for Necromunda. Man do I hate working with resin.

1 model more, 1 more point.

So 98 total.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

And one last model. I forgot I had this model, so I built him today. I traded my old one off a while ago. Someone painted it for me, but not the colors I wanted. I was going to strip it, but another friend said he'd trade me his unbuilt one for mine. Yeah the other one was painted better than I could, but it wasn't the colors I wanted.

OOP metal Nurgle Deamon Prince.
I posted this separate, rather than edit the above because photobucket is down and I wanted to try to upload the miage here.

Still haven't gotten to the local GW store to get pics of the Goliaths I built for him.

5 points for the DP of Nurgle.

That should be 103 added to my total.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Irish1983 ( 276 )
Resident Trader

Post by Irish1983 »

The flood will be posted soon. I managed to build 2000 of marines for my brothers last month and actually painted 1/3 of the lot for Christmas for him. I failed to take pics though in the holiday frenzy so we will see if I can get pics before new year reigns in.
akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by akum »

MOAR stuff:

Decimator engines x6 + tons of extra weapons, 30

Demon prince 5

3 DUST mythos creatures, normally no assembly required, but I took a hacksaw and sawed them off of their bases and glued them onto GW bases. Not sure if this counts 15

Wendigo 5
Dex 2
Leo 2
from arena rex

TOtal 44 + 15 if it counts

Return to “Creative Endeavors”