This is the pets thread

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: This is the pets thread

Post by MagickalMemories »

jason1977 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:48 pm
church btown.jpg
This is our cat Church helping me watch tv. She is a rescue cat who basically chose us when she clawed onto me at the shelter. Hobbies include going ape S%(@ for no apparent reason at 3am, attacking my mother-in-law, loosing it over anything flying in the house, killing the occasional mouse and leaving the head in bed for my wife to find.
What I want to know is what kind of mutation you have on the lower half of your head that you are always hiding it in pics.
LOL

Unless, of course, you ARE mutated, in which case I apologize for my insensitivity. : )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

3eland wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:15 am
How are you liking your rats? I've been wanting to get one for a while now but I've only known one person who ever owned a rat. It was very friendly with them but often nibbled.

Only thing is I also have more cats now.... LOL

Ryan
I LOVE them. Best pet decision I've ever made.
It can take a while for them to warm up to you, as they're prey animals by nature, but they're SO fun and smart.
But you should not "get one." They're social animals. You shouldn't get less than 2, like I did, and 3 is the recommended number.

They will often nibble at first, until they learn what is and isn't "edible." It's a learning process. You need to learn how to "eep" properly. LOL
Mine will stand up, give me "five," understand that "come upstairs" means the top level of their cage.
I could go on and on.

The best pieces of advice I can give you are:

1) Research FIRST. After you have them is too late. Know what to prepare for.
2) Understand the difference between male and female rats.
3) Adopt from a REPUTABLE BREEDER/RATTERY. There are plenty of anecdotes about good "feeder" rats used as pets, but those are not the norm. Good ratteries breed for health, longevity, and temperament.
4) Don't "half-a55" their cage. Do it right. Invest in a good one.
5) Don't adopt until you understand that they're fragile. Two years is considered old age for a rat. Anything beyond that is an anomaly and should be cherished.
6) Sick rats can live for a long time in pain. Be prepared to have to euthanize one to be sure it's out of its misery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:14 pm
jason1977 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:48 pm
church btown.jpg
This is our cat Church helping me watch tv. She is a rescue cat who basically chose us when she clawed onto me at the shelter. Hobbies include going ape S%(@ for no apparent reason at 3am, attacking my mother-in-law, loosing it over anything flying in the house, killing the occasional mouse and leaving the head in bed for my wife to find.
What I want to know is what kind of mutation you have on the lower half of your head that you are always hiding it in pics.
LOL

Unless, of course, you ARE mutated, in which case I apologize for my insensitivity. : )

Eric
Figured I copy Wilson W. Wilson Jr every now and than. Look it up kids.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

If I were to get rats I'd make sure I got female rats because well..... Male rats can make a brother feel lacking...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

bluemeenie wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:20 am
If I were to get rats I'd make sure I got female rats because well..... Male rats can make a brother feel lacking...
I wouldn't have males without "fixing" them. Many people aren't concerned about the extra hassles with "unsnipped" boys but, honestly, I'm too lazy to want to deal with them LOL
Kind of a shame, though... I really REALLY want a pet rat that just wants to lay on me and be petted. These girls are over a year old, and they still want to just run around EVERYWHERE. : )

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

@Jason1977:

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”