Warhammer40k / Vostroyans / Astra Militarum / Imperial Guard army stolen

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Crabstuffed ( 0 )
New Trader

Warhammer40k / Vostroyans / Astra Militarum / Imperial Guard army stolen

Post by Crabstuffed »

(Quick edit: I spoke with 3eland and got the okay before posting)

Hey Guys, I never thought I'd have to make a post like this. :'( My Imperial Guard miniatures were recently removed from my local gaming club. I really hope it was a misunderstanding, I just want them back! If you see these at your local club or on ebay, please let me know!

I play in the New York area. I don't think people in the Wh40k community are the type to steal from each other, I would have happily lent them out if someone needed them.

It took me ten years of sacrificed time to collect and paint these. I remember the long nights, the missed social commitments, the stiff back and shoulders. I remember the happiness I had losing myself and just painting them, forgetting whatever anxiety I might have been going through at the time.

I just want them back, I have so many memories of painting them. Hug your minis, guys. :(

https://goo.gl/photos/abgmMVELs41fCVv98
Kakos ( 4 )
New Trader

Re: Warhammer40k / Vostroyans / Astra Militarum / Imperial Guard army stolen

Post by Kakos »

For what's it worth I'm really sorry you're having to experience this. Our hobby is definitely a labour of love and I wouldn't want anyone to go through this.

I'll keep an eye out for them and share this post with my local community.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Check eBay extensively, including Completed Auctions.
Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but that Commissar with the power fist looks REALLY familiar.
I've been looking at a lot of painted IG there lately, and I don't really look at Commissars. So, if it's familiar looking to me, it's worth researching.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Crabstuffed ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Crabstuffed »

Thank you for this! I didn't think to check completed auctions: No signs, yet but having another avenue of pursuit makes me feel less powerless.
MagickalMemories wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Check eBay extensively, including Completed Auctions.
Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but that Commissar with the power fist looks REALLY familiar.
I've been looking at a lot of painted IG there lately, and I don't really look at Commissars. So, if it's familiar looking to me, it's worth researching.

Eric
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Also: Craigslist.

You can also try limiting the eBay search by distance. Like, "Within 100 miles of me." That will make your job easier, unless the thief was from out of town. If there were strangers there, you might decide not to include that limitation.

[DISCLAIMER]
I do not steal, cheat, or rip people off. In my position here, however, I find myself thinking of new and unusual ways to do just that, so I have more things to keep my eyes open for. I feel like that will help me to keep BT a safer place to trade.
[/DISCLAIMER]

Don't limit your search to painted models. In fact, I wouldn't even use "painted" in my search parameter. I'd search for both, the entire army, and by item, unit, etc. Look at the pictures. Look at the basing. if you see someone selling ANYTHING that he had in his army within 100 miles of you, look at all that seller's current and ended auctions.

I say that because, if I was going to steal an entire army, I wouldn't sell it in the condition it's currently in. I'd spray over the paint jobs with a solid color primer or base. I might even give the infantry a wash first.
That color scheme is going to SCREAM at someone looking for painted models. A primed model? Not as much.
But some of those custom bases? If your thief is stupid enough to leave them based, they're going to scream just as loud... if you're looking for them. YOU know your models better than anyone. YOU are going to know your model, whether it's primed or not, if it's on a custom base.

Now here's hoping that the thief isn't also a BT member who's reading this.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Any update on this? Were you able to find it?

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Castle ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Castle »

Hey I am new here and just browsing the forum and stumbled onto this thread. Sorry to hear about the theft man. That sucks.

I felt it was worth commenting after seeing the suggestion to keep an eye on craigslist.

I use a website called "Searchtempest" which will auto search craigslist, Ebay and Amazon all in one fell swoop . It also searches ALL the cities and states of craigslist in one shot as well depending on what location and distances you put into the inquiry.

If that were my army that was stolen I would keep an eye out beyond 100 miles to he honest. Thieves will sell things in all sorts of different concocted ways. Luckily this type of miniature army is pretty niche. Good luck man.
Be like water over rocks.
Flowing over and around obstacles. Even the roughest stones edge cutting deep into the water will become smooth and yield given enough time.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”