Miniature Trade Value Question

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Kakos ( 4 )
New Trader

Miniature Trade Value Question

Post by Kakos »

Hey all.

I'm curious to ask how most people on bartertown generally value miniatures that are found in the Start Collecting Boxes.

For example:

A box of 3x Crisis suits retails for $75 but if you purchase the start collecting box you get the same models as well as $65+ worth of more miniatures (fire warrior squad and ethereal) for just a few bucks more.

So if someone was offering any of these units as NOS condition models would you place a trade value on them that's equivilant to individual retail price or an adjusted trade value because of the likelihood that they came from a start collecting set?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Miniature Trade Value Question

Post by MagickalMemories »

You'll find that they're worth less because they're available more cheaply elsewhere.
The UNWRITTEN rule of the land tends to be that eBay sales (NOT listings) drive the generally accepted "retail value" of models when they're available in one sort of boxed set or another.
If I was going to offer a cash price on something like that, I'm going to search eBay to get an idea of (a) what's available currently as Buy it Now, then look to see what sales usually happen. I'm going to offer somewhere near the lower end of the register (but around "average"). As a seller, I'm going to look at what HAS sold there, and price mine slightly lower than that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Kakos ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by Kakos »

Now that makes sense to me and feels to be fair in all regards. Thanks for the clarification on the matter.
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

What Erik said. "worth X" <<<< than "actually sales for Y". Standard "You can buy most things new for at least 20% off from advertisers right here on barter town" statement applies.

So you get a start collecting tau for what.. ~75 shipped. Basically free everything else in the box.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Doctari wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:50 pm
What Erik said. "worth X" <<<< than "actually sales for Y". Standard "You can buy most things new for at least 20% off from advertisers right here on barter town" statement applies.

So you get a start collecting tau for what.. ~75 shipped. Basically free everything else in the box.
Who is this "Erik" guy?
He sounds smart.

: )

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Doctari wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Who is this "Erik" guy?
He sounds smart.

: )

Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

Argh! Mea Culpa! One of my best friends is named Erik. The fingers were on auto pilot!
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Doctari wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:58 pm
Argh! Mea Culpa! One of my best friends is named Erik. The fingers were on auto pilot!
I think you double missed the joke here. :)
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

pretre wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 pm
Or maybe he didn't...

: ' (

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:36 am
pretre wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 pm
Or maybe he didn't...

: ' (

Eric
We may hit inception level of number of jokes missed here soon. Prepare the bwaaaam noise.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”