What Orks are these now?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

What Orks are these now?

Post by kturock »

Digging through some old stuff and I found these guys. They say 'eavy boy' on one side and maybe GW 89 on the other.
What are they called now? They're all metal. The one on the right was missing a head so I gave him a plastic extra one from the bikers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Re: What Orks are these now?

Post by jason1977 »

They were called rokkit boys but as I do not have Index orks I do not know what they are called now. I do have the last ork codex and they are called rokkit boys in that. They could be taken in a boys group or as tank busters.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Thanks. Rokkit boys came to mind, but I wasn't sure if that was the boys with rockets, jump packs, on their backs.

I gotta get the new codex, when it comes out.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I think the one on the left would be used as a Tank Buster. Can't see enough for the one on the right, but it probably would, too.

That rokkit on a stick would make a good Tank Hammer (which I would NEVER field, as a player LOL).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 pm
I think the one on the left would be used as a Tank Buster. Can't see enough for the one on the right, but it probably would, too.

That rokkit on a stick would make a good Tank Hammer (which I would NEVER field, as a player LOL).

Eric
Exact same model.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ah.
The angle difference threw me.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

Don "MONDO"
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Yeah, thats the old names. I was wondering on what they're called under the newest edition.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, they could be used as an Ork Boy with Rokkit or easily as a Tank Hunter, I'd say.
Myself, I'd use them as a Tank Hunter before I do as a boy. As a boy, they get 1 shot per turn. The Big Shoota gets 3 shots, at least.
While the rokkit hits harder, you're looking at averaging 2-ish hits per game with the rokkit vs 5 to 7 per game with the big shoota (presuming the models lives that long).
That's probably a discussion for a different thread, though.

Eric

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”