cheapest way to ship?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

cheapest way to ship?

Post by usernamesareannoying »

so i need to ship about 7 marines and I was thinking of going with a flat rate box but that guy is 6 and change.
is it cheaper to throw them in as small of a box as possible or is 6 dollars about as cheap as it gets nowadays?

i dont think that an envelop will work as some are assembled.

assume east coast to west coast if it makes a difference.

thanks in advance.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: cheapest way to ship?

Post by pretre »

Cheapest shipping in the US is generally First Class.

Get a smaller box. Pack your marines well in bubble wrap. Put them in the box. If it is under 13 oz, you are going to pay less than $5 to ship it anywhere in the US. 7 marines, as long as they aren't made of dwarf star alloy are going to be under 13 oz with any reasonable box.

If you have a scale, you can ship from home using paypal or the USPS website. If you don't have a scale, the post office will still do First Class for you when you come in.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

lol, thanks pretre.
sounds like im better off going with my own smaller box over the small flat rate.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

usernamesareannoying wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 pm
lol, thanks pretre.
sounds like im better off going with my own smaller box over the small flat rate.
Yeah, every time. I never ship flat rate small box. I ship hundreds of packages and the vast majority are under a pound so you can use First Class (14-15.99 oz you can only do at home if you print shipping, but 13 oz and less you can do at the PO).
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

For an amount of models that small, put them in the smallest box you can fit them into SAFELY.
Put that box into a bubble envelope.

I do it all the time. Envelopes ship for less than boxes.

Just make sure to reinforce the bubble/padded envelope with packing tape. Rough handling and misfortune COULD cause the corners of the box ro rip/poke through the envelope. You don't want that to happen.

Oh, and put the shipping address on the box, as well, with a note that says, "If lost/misdirected, please send this box to..."

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Also remember, first class doesn't include insurance. With gw prices, 5 marines can easily cost $50.
Insurance is about $2.50. So add that to postage and it's about break even.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
ABCellars ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by ABCellars »

Some of this was lightly touched on by previous posters:
In the US: Barrow the postal scales at the USPS, maybe a friends, or, if you ship enough buy one. Get a Paypal account, print your shipping labels through their Multiorder shipping. This will allow you to get the Commercial/Online rate for shipping USPS (even First Class up to 15.99oz, with tracking), UPS, or FedEx. I believe, you also get a discount on USPS insurance. USPS Click N Ship does not provide the ability to ship 1st class. Also, when you don't print off your own USPS 1st Class shipping labels, tracking is an extra service, for additional cost. You can get up to a 30% discount on UPS or FedEx shipping. The shipment doesn't need to be associated with a Paypal purchase or a sale on eBay.

A USPS first class parcel can now weigh up to 15.99oz
A USPS regular Priority flat rate envelope can hold up to 70lbs, "If it fits, it ships" - Be sure to tape the seams. - can hold a small flat rate box;)
A USPS padded Priority flat rate envelope can hold up to 70lbs, "If it fits, it ships" - can hold a 8x6x3 box and still seal;)

I am new here, hope this isn't out of place, and maybe this will help someone.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, the thread is a bit old, but we don't really get uptight about that, so long as your post is productive... and it IS.
Not out of place, at all.

Welcome to Bartertown!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”