Bartertown becoming a cash only site??

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Bartertown becoming a cash only site??

Post by pretre »

hapotte wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 pm
I know what you mean, shipping from Canada to the US almost a,ways starts in the 15-18 buck range so selling or buying singles for me is almost out of the question.
That's a cross border problem though. If you are trading within canada, I imagine it is much cheaper.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I used to have a description of using multi-order shipping on the paypal site in my signature, but too many people have not left me feedback and I had to cut it. :(
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Damn. I just checked. I've shipped about ~240 packages and paid over $1,000 in shipping in 2017. Which goes to show you, my average shipping price is around $4.

Edit: and that's without going to the post office. Although I did just splurge and buy a label printer.
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

pretre wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am
hapotte wrote:
I know what you mean, shipping from Canada to the US almost a,ways starts in the 15-18 buck range so selling or buying singles for me is almost out of the question.
That's a cross border problem though. If you are trading within canada, I imagine it is much cheaper.
Canadapost is a funny thing, it can get a little cheaper 10-12$ range for boxes but it can also be higher than shipping to the States or the UK. It really depends on the region you are shipping to.
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

hapotte wrote:
I'm almost close enough to the border that I could drive across and head for the nearest post office in Canada to mail things, but I'm not sure that's an acceptable practice. :lol:
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I've seen a lot of Canadians with US po boxes so it can't be that frowned upon. :)
Gene Williamson ( 192 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Gene Williamson »

But with trades, most of the time both sides are paying very close to the same amount for shipping. If not I usually remind the the other trader difference in size or weight and try to get compensated in the trade for it. But I would rather not deal in money, because don't want to sale off
my hobby stuff. When I get cash, it goes to a join account and ends up getting spent on boring stuff like food and rent.

By trading I am allowed to replace hobby stuff with hobby stuff.. And not have to worry about having to plea bargain months later to be able
to buy something to replace the thing I sold.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, I won't rehash the reasons for a lack of small item (1 or 2 pieces) trades/sales [shipping costs], because I feel it's been thoroughly enough discussed.
As for boxes, though, I like trading card boxes. Those little white beauties are inexpensive, and are STURDY AS HECK for shipping.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”