H:2+ pounds of OOP GW bits W: Idea on sale price

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

H:2+ pounds of OOP GW bits W: Idea on sale price

Post by jason1977 »

This is just for discussion purposes. No offers for purchase will be taken at this time. I will repost later in order too sell.

Years of collecting parts now leads to a huge backlog of dust collecting parts. Looking to move this stuff. What type of price might one expect for this collection, over 2 pounds, of OOP metal bits from GW. Fist photo is a group shot. The ones that follow are close ups with some overlap. IIRC I did see attack bike heavy guns, BA pred HF parts, BA dred arm w/MG, LRC bolters bits, LR mm bits, armour plats, several infantry models, vindy gun parts and some infantry bits.

Thanks,

Jason

In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: H:2+ pounds of OOP GW bits W: Idea on sale price

Post by pretre »

I'd start at $20 plus shipping. Something like this is hard to value.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'd ask even higher. You have what looks to be 10 complete or near complete metal models in there. Three bucks a piece, just for those, isn't unreasonable. If you went $30, you'd probably get a taker.
Alternatively, you can "accept offers," and let the market handle itself. You might be surprised what people will give you for something they want.

I was once offered (and accepted) about $250 retail in 40K models for about $300 retail in books that I'd have sold for $100 cash!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

How do you plan to part this out, jason1977?

I bet you could get $20.00 alone just for the OOP Rhino armour. What you have there is not a complete set (it's missing a few small pieces from the front, but has extra pieces for the sides), but those were hard to get even when Citadel was still making them. Just remove the old paint with some Goof Off or acetone.

You have two Brother Longun models in there. Clean them up, throw in 25mm slottbases and backpacks, and you could probably get $5.00 each for those.

I would also group the following items as lots:
  • Predator 'eavy flamer sponson bitz
  • Land Speeder assault cannon and supply stowage bitz
  • LRC multimelta, frag launchers, assault cannons, and hurricane bolter bitz
  • Vindicator gun, front plate, and commander
  • Narthecium backpack
  • OOP Razorback gunner and both Razorback lascannons
  • Each attack bike multimelta separately
  • Each dreadnought arm separately
  • OOP LotD Flamer w/ LotD backpack
  • OOP LotD 'eavy weapons lad w/ LotD shoulder pauldrons
  • Chaplain with jump pack ... where's his jump pack?
  • Chaplain Cassius ... where's his pistol arm?
  • OOP Black Templars Captain w/ his power axe bit
The problem with the remainder is that they're broken or missing parts that would make them difficult to use, yet are not terribly valuable on their own - even if they weren't broken!

That Third Edition Captain with the broken power word? In mint condition with a shoota, backpack, and base, you could maybe get $5.00 for him. There are too many newer, better models made of plastic that are more easily configured - many of which are chapter-specific, armed with better weapons, or just plain look nicer.

The heavy weapon backpacks are all ammo feeds for heavy bolters, but the only weapons you have are lascannons - neither of which would be worth anything since everyone has plenty of plastic 7th edition spares from buying up multiple devastator squads to get the two grav cannons that come in each box.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Thanks for the info guys. I will be listing the metal as a collection. I also have some SW and BA collections. The metal BA bits will be removed from the metal collection and added too the BA plastic group.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”