What can happen to a letter in the mail

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

What can happen to a letter in the mail

Post by kturock »

danny dbcs.jpg

and what can happen when you mail something, like car alarm remote, car key, ring, minis, or anything other than paper OR even too much paper in a normal size envelope.

Here is a friend of mine from work and a pic he posted online of a 'jam' in part of the machine. Needless to say, some of the mail was destroyed, damaged or at least crumpled. Picture a truck getting stuck in a tunnel and everyone else behind it hitting it.

So to the recent trader who didn't want to pay more than 1-2 stamps postage for some bits in an envelope; this is what would have happened. The bits would have been destroyed.

The mail moves at 170 inches per second with a 2 inch gap between them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
HawtFist ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: What can happen to a letter in the mail

Post by HawtFist »

Your mail related posts are both enlightening and a little scary, considering I've done most of the no-nos at one point or another.
On r/miniswap under the same name. Please be polite & answer PMs, even if all you tell me is "No thanks," or "I need more time." I expect lower rating to ship first, even if that's me, unless we work something out in advance.

Owed feedback: evaunit117
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

HawtFist wrote:Your mail related posts are both enlightening and a little scary, considering I've done most of the no-nos at one point or another.

That's the point.

We see this daily. And someone will complain that the "damn post office lost my [blank]" when they mail something like this.
Sometimes, we can find the right envelope and put most of it back together. Sometimes it's just confetti.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

To add onto what kt's saying...
This is why these posts are so damned valuable. If you do something wrong enough, but it never gets noticed/caught, you'll start to envision is as "okay" or 'the right way" or "an acceptable short-cut/alteration on normal procedures." Then, once your short cut causes a problem, you're just taken aback. "It was never a problem before." As it turns out, it WAS a problem, you were just fortunate enough that it never backfired on you before now.

(This is a generic "you," and not specifically aimed at any individual)

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”