Who's played Zombicide?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Who's played Zombicide?

Post by kturock »

I've seen lots of people buy and sell it and people brag about painting their minis, but no one play it.

I talked to the guys at the FLGS, they say it's a decent seller, but have never heard or seen anyone play it.

How hard are the rules? It looks like a suped up version of Zombies.

I see that the rules have changed that players can become zombies.

Are the newer seasons better than the original box?

Is any errata or faq's needed?

Comments and thoughts.

I'm thinking about buying it and for $100.. it's a pricey buy in to try out a board game.

EDIT: I see the faq on their website and the rule books.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Who's played Zombicide?

Post by hapotte »

I still play it about once a week with my friend. The season 1 box was IMHO harder than the following edition. The equipment deck gave you less goodies to fight the zombies.

Season 2 introduced the "zombivor" which are your character turned zombie but still fighting for humanity. Full rules are available for free, check you PM.

Season 1 : city right after the outbreak
Season 2: prison fighting with cell block
Season 2 expansion: city mall fighting
Season 3: city a bit later in the storyline, hospital overun and the army left the camps
Season 3 expansion: destroyed building giving new ways to fight/trap zombies in the destruction.

Everything is compatible backward and forward. The proposed maps are cool to play but you can easily create you own scenario.

There's a "campaign" type of game I believed that started in season 3 which lets you upgrade your chatacter from game to game if they survive and make enough kills.

That's what's on top of my head, if you have more question, feel free to ask.

-Alex
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

So Season 1 is harder because you get less stuff?
Thanks for the link. I already have it.
I'm reading Season 1 now.

I have a bunch of the Zombies, Martians, Humans boards game by Twilight Creations.
I'm just wondering if the investment is worth it.
I see Walmart.com has it. Dunno if it's in stores. I doubt it.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
RedstarNYC ( 26 )
BTown Regular

Post by RedstarNYC »

I was an original KS backer and I backed season 2.

I sold it off a few months ago.

The minis are nice, but in the end there just isn't a lot of game. If you're looking for a zombie board game (that's essentially what this is, minis or no minis) I think All Things Zombie the Board Game is a much better choice.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
I'm also not RedStarOne - that bozo has given all us Red Stars a bad name.
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

Actualy it's the ability of the models with the weapons available that make it harder versus the second and third season. Starting with a frying pan that kills on a 6+ Really teaches you to search for better equipment and be carefull out there :)

I still love it!
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

After reading the rules online, I realized I've played it before. We played it once and the group really didn't work together. It was more of a competitive group.

I have almost all of the Zombies games. For $100 start up, or even $60 online, I'll stick with Zombies. My other group isn't as cut throat as the 1st.

Ronster ( 666 )
Expert Trader

Post by Ronster »

Great game, that being said, tying to get people (gamers) to work together to survive is like herding cats.

The later gamettes/suppliments offer rival groups to fight it out but the original is the best.

We have played well over 20 games, and always remember the cardinal rule; try to find Molotov cocktails or flamethrowers, lol.
Thank goodness my mama loved me....

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”