Adepticon Swag Bag 2015

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Adepticon Swag Bag 2015

Post by porkuslime »

Did not make adepticon..

so.. the curious and slighty greedy completionist in me wants to know.. what was in the Swag Bag this year?

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Adepticon Swag Bag 2015

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm sure someone will come along with more specifics and maybe even pics but, in the mean time, I hope this whets your whistle!
http://www.adepticon.org/?cat=19

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

A DZC starter army!

plus exclusive models, paint, and a Dixit promo card..

I am writhing in agony..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

we got starters for Warmachine, 2 exclusives models (Victoria Miniatures and another manufacturer i don't remember), 2 characters from Relic Knights, some discount for suppliers, a brush, some primers from badger, what i can recall but that was on the second day.

Overall, for me it's nice to get people into other games. i kept the Relic Knights models and the Victoria exclusive. they were some coupons to redeem for minis as well for other manufacturers, but i didn't use them. i kept also the Con model

the only thing i was a bit surprised is Corvus Belli listed as a sponsor but they only have a demo table outside the vendors area... that was strange...

j
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Huh. Mine did not have the RK models, but I did get a free copy of the Hordes mini rulebook. (You could chose WM or Hordes). The VIG got the DZC starter, plus a coupon for a free Wrath of Kings starter, and some other stuff.

Next year, I'm springing for the VIG. (I did manage to trade my PP starter for one of the WoK ones, but I was trying to score several more of them.) AdeptiCon staff also wandered around the convention with a cart over the weekend, randomly giving away stuff (army painter primer, copies of Mars Attacks, Deadzone, KR cases, all sorts of good stuff.)
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

Hey Pork...long time no chat :)

I volunteer at Adapticon every year and most times you can find me handing out bags to people. Magics post has most of the details but there was a big difference between the regular Swag bag this year and the VIG bag.

Next year even I am going to pony up for the VIG bag as it contained almost 50-100 dollars more product in it then the purchase price. Though the normal swag was still pretty full with the normal items we have been accustomed to over the years the VIG was light years beyond.

IMO the biggest bonus to the VIG status beyond the really full bag (and trust me it was full, i had a hard time closing them after we filled them) was the early entry into the vendor hall. There were quite a few vendors that sold out of really nice discounted items just to the VIG early entrees...case in point the "Games and Gears" folks had a paint brush box set for i think 60$ that was just amazing and sadly gone.

Even Games workshop had a couple of early unique items that were gone. So if you can do a VIG and are going...then I would. (or have someone going get one for you by buying a ticket under their name)

@warlord - If you did not get a guaranteed normal bag at sign-up then you were probably missing items in yours. Only the first 1000 were "Full" bags.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

Huh. Mine was supposed to be full. It was in the range listed as full on the website, and they handed me a full one. No big deal - a couple of us in my area backed RK, and I am the only one who still has any. Definitely going VIG next year though
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

then I mis-understood Warlard..i thought you mentioned you were missing something.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

bluemeenie wrote:then I mis-understood Warlard..i thought you mentioned you were missing something.
jul said that he got some RK minis, and I said that I did not. Mine was full, so it is possible that either mine got missed or something. Either way, VIG next year. Hoping I get as good a deal as the VIG did this year.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

Some vendors showed up late who had swag to put in the bag and we ended up just putting it on the side of the table at the end of the line of extra coupons. We told people to take one of each...that might have been the mini he got.
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

bluemeenie wrote:Some vendors showed up late who had swag to put in the bag and we ended up just putting it on the side of the table at the end of the line of extra coupons. We told people to take one of each...that might have been the mini he got.
It's possible. I might have missed something like that - was more concerned with which WM starter I had picked up than an RK fig (since the other guys with me had already decided to dump their collections of RK at the con).
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Got this in my Swag Bag. Anyone have any idea who/what it is?

bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

sorry I didn't get see this earlier Pork...he was part of a two mini special edition Adepticon set of knock-off imperial guard troopers.

Yours was the one in the old WW1 bowl helmet with bolter and Sword and then the other one was a standard bearer with chainsword. I have both in a bag on a shelf :D
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/wp-co ... pticon.jpg

they were Victorian miniature sculpts. (see the one with the banner)

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”