XBox1 v PS4

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Fool Injected ( 504 )
Expert Trader

XBox1 v PS4

Post by Fool Injected »

Well it is a sad day, it appears my miniature gaming days are over. We have moved to rural Arkansas, about 30 miles south of Little Rock 11 months ago. There are three game stores in the area with the closest being 35 miles away and the furthest 55 miles away. The closest store is 40K & Magic. The second closest is Flames of War & Magic. The furthest is Warmachine and Malifaux. The closest store had 4 warmachine players until the PG burned out and is leaving the game. There is no warhammer fantasy being played regularly.

My options are
1. get into 40K: the rules are a train wreck, so no thanks
2. get into Flames of War: Maybe? Don't know if it is a fun game.
3. get into video games:

So that brings me to my question, for a first time video gamer which would you recommend? Not really into first person shooting games however I do like adventure and strategy games.

thanks

Mike
People who I left feed back but have not left feedback for me;

Ep3
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: XBox1 v PS4

Post by kturock »

Watch FoW being played. If you like it, then ask to play, of split a game. [2 on 1 or 2 on 2].
That'll help decide. If you don't like it, you'll know without buy in to it.

40k is different than the previous editions. It's a cleaned up version with psykers finally readded. Now there's a reason for psykers to carry weapons.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Fool Injected ( 504 )
Expert Trader

Post by Fool Injected »

For me 40K is out of control since last edition. Don't like the idea of allies. Plus, who can keep up with all the data slate and other electronic releases.

The closest gaming store is small and usually crowded with teens. Being an older gamer(late 40's) that doesn't appeal to me. I probably will watch a game or two of Flames of War just to see if there is interest.
People who I left feed back but have not left feedback for me;

Ep3
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

As this is not a question or message about Bartertown, "Bartertown Information and Misc Messages" is not the correct forum.

Moved thread to the correct Discussion forum.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

If your set on next gen consoles then the only answer is PS4. But 360 is still the best platform IMO
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

tordeck wrote:If your set on next gen consoles then the only answer is PS4. But 360 is still the best platform IMO
I'm no video gamer, but a few of the guys in my group are. This pretty much echoes their sentiments.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

The unpleasant stuff the Xbox1 does with no ownership and constant need to connect to the internet/be monitored is enough for me to write it off on principle...
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

And those are not things that it does SpiralingCadaver, those were things that both machines were supposed to do and they changed them before launch. You can sell your games, you can borrow games, you can play offline games offline. Things you should consider when purchasing a console are library, controller preference, and what system your friends are playing. For me Xbox had those things. If you are just getting into games, get a 360 or PS3, you can find them at a decent price, with a huge library to choose from and they are still making games for both systems.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Fool Injected wrote:For me 40K is out of control since last edition. Don't like the idea of allies. Plus, who can keep up with all the data slate and other electronic releases.
I played a handful of games in 6th and had a small BA list to allie with my huge DA collection to bring back the Angels of Death codex. My daughter is now 2 and I have played ZERO games of 7th. I dont buy digital products because I dont own a machine to use them on. I hate the idea of buy this $500 (or whatever price) device to now buy theis $309??) rule set. Ill stick to paper books and swallow the FAQs when they happen.

As far as what system to buy?? Sony has the PS line for 25 years. XBOX is only what.....10?? First XBOX was ok. 360 had red ring of death problems. Havent heard much on 1 but my money is on someone who has been doing it longer.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

borthcollective wrote:And those are not things that it does SpiralingCadaver, those were things that both machines were supposed to do and they changed them before launch. You can sell your games, you can borrow games, you can play offline games offline. Things you should consider when purchasing a console are library, controller preference, and what system your friends are playing. For me Xbox had those things. If you are just getting into games, get a 360 or PS3, you can find them at a decent price, with a huge library to choose from and they are still making games for both systems.
Oh, I guess I was misinformed. Didn't have the cash to throw at a system, so I didn't look very closely.

Regarding the previous generation, I think I'd slightly lean towards the power of the 360, and think the wii has a few good titles, but was ultimately a bit hamstrung by the imperative to make new games fun(!) with the controller, which, in the worst case scenario, made a good, precision game terrible since the control scheme didn't allow precision movements.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”