EBAY Changes

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

EBAY Changes

Post by jason1977 »

I sold an item on EBAY and I have been waiting for the payment to land in my paypal before I ship. The buyer did pay its just in a 'pending' status. I called Paypal and it seems EBAY changed when the money is allowed to be in a Paypal account.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I never got notified about the change. Anyone get an email on it?

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: EBAY Changes

Post by 3eland »

All I know is eBay and Paypal are splitting. So whether it's going to be a bad split and we kids are in the middle of it all... -who knows.

That is weird. Usually it goes in right away for me but I haven't sold anything recently on there.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

How long has it been since you've sold an item on eBay?

I know quite a while ago, in an effort to force people to use their website's USPS shipping/labeling/tracking system, eBay/Paypal released payments immediately when you used their system because that was what they considered "confirmation" you sent the item. If you sent via UPS/FedEx/USPS walk-up to the post office, they "held" payments for up to 30 days until you posted a confirmation number somewhere on their site proving it was shipped.

It is another excuse for them to keep your money longer to gather interest for them instead of handing it over right away where you might *gasp* spend or withdraw it, robbing them of extra interest they could otherwise suck off you.

Yet another one of the reasons I stopped selling on eBay a loooooooong time ago...
Last edited by mardaddy601 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
borthcollective ( 278 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by borthcollective »

Are you certain that the pending status is not that it's an echeck clearing?
jedthehomarid ( 48 )
Trade Novice

Post by jedthehomarid »

My experience has been that ebay only releases the payment after a certain time period after the seller pays. That has ranged for me from a few days after the package arrives (if there is a tracking number) or a couple weeks after the sale without one. I have been selling stuff off and on for the past year and a half and that is how it has been for me. I don't know of a way that you can get your money before you ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

It depends on how 'reliable', per their standards, you are. I get paid instantly, but have paypal associated with a charge card and bank account. My physical address has been verified and I've been a paypal member from when they started; before ebay bought them.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

Post by mardaddy601 »

But do you ALSO use their eBay/USPS system for shipping/labeling/tracking?

My Paypal is associated with a charge card & bank account, physical address verified and been paypal for over 13yrs before eBay bought them.

The only difference I see is I did not use "their" system within the eBay site, so my compensation was delayed.
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I am set up like kturock... and I do NOT ship through PayPal or Feebay. I do mine the old fashioned way.
I get my payments immediately every time, barring the ones that are always delayed (eChecks, etc).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Called EBAY and got someone who spoke *cough* better English than other times I have called. New policy states unless you have X number of days selling, Y number of sales and Z amount $$ in sales you have to wait for your money in Paypal. I have 2 out of 3 and I forgot to add the last 2 numbers in tracking. My money wouldnt be in Paypal till 10/31. She changed the tracking number on record and I should have Paypal money in 3 days form this.

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Like I said in my previous post' it depends on how 'reliable' you are, per their standards.
I work with a couple people who sell on ebay alot. One has a 4 digit rating. Another just started selling earlier this year. When she started her account and went through the same procedure. She complained about the exact same things as you. She called ebay and was told the same thing.

Just like here, you have to prove how reliable you are.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”