Help with a non-communicative painter..

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

HinesDawg ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Help with a non-communicative painter..

Post by HinesDawg »

First off, this wasn't done through BT. If this is a violation of the forum, please feel free to remove.

I wanted to post here because I knew there would be plenty of people who could give me some advice on what I should do next.

Bought an army on Ebay. Got it, everything was resolved fine (little broken and missing, NBD). Wanted more painted for the same army, so inquired if he'd do so. Seller agreed to do so. So, we began working together

- Mailed him 8 Vargheists in December, got them back in January
- Mailed him a Mannfred model in January, got him back in February.
- Mailed him 2 Mortis Engines in April, got them back in May

Then we began discussing a larger order -- 130 kit-bashed Zombies. Sent them out on Jun 18th, got confirmation from him that he'd received them on June 20th. In the same email, he said he'd try to have them finished by August.

This is the last communication I've had from him in any way. Emailed him several times, to no effect. What's my next step? I have all my emails and the tracking number for this last package saved.

Thanks for looking.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Help with a non-communicative painter..

Post by MagickalMemories »

As this is not a BTown issue, it's not appropriate for the "Have Questions..." forum.
I've moved it to a more appropriate forum. I'll chime in when I have more time, later on tonight.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

If you have his email and address, try finding him on facebook. You can also try to reach out to his relative via facebook if he ignore you.

Have a look at the bad trader forum here, look for the advice given by MagickalMemories in the post in there it should help you get in touch and see what's going on.

I don't know why he stopped communicating but always assume he's not trying to rip you in your communication.

Good luck
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Are you both within the US?
Have you tried looking up his phone # and calling him (presuming you don't have the #).
If you have the #, have you called him?
As Hap said... Facebook. It can be one HELL of a resourse. Sometimes, even if the email doesn't work, you can find them with their name and deductive reasoning.

My guess is that the guy isn't a regular commission painter and you overwhelmed him. That's a LOT of models to have dropped on you at once. Now, he doesn't know what to do. He's panicked and is staying off the grid, rather than manning up and facing it. If that's the case, it's really anybody's guess whether you'll ever get your models back or not and if they'll even be painted.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HinesDawg ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by HinesDawg »

Both in the US
Do not have his phone number, Google hasn't helped me much with finding it either
Have checked Facebook -- no exact matches, but one guy with same name that is close... however, I'm not sure it's him as he has no model/gaming related items on his likes, etc. despite it being unblocked.
No references posted for a match to his name or email.

Looked him up on Ebay (where I met him), and he's definitely active through there. Thus, I think that lends credence to your theory, MM.

In my last email to him, I told him I was going to file a complaint with the USPS or local authorities if he didn't respond... about the only other thing I can think of to do?

Thanks for the help.
bhouze ( 44 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bhouze »

411.com address search could help you out with a name to an address. Especially if this person lives at a parents/lovers home.
Then you could send an inquiry that way or get a phone number.
After a bad experience myself I never let my minis travel farther than a day trip in the car to go get them if there is trouble.
Even a good reputable painter can have problems and go rogue so try to keep lot sizes manageable and ask for weekly updates and pics to see how things are coming along. Never pay up front and if you must decide on a payment scheme after goals are reached. Much like renovations.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

If he is still active on eBay, send him a message through one of his current auctions.

PM me his address and eBay User ID. Let me see what I can dig up.

Eric

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

MagickalMemories wrote:If he is still active on eBay, send him a message through one of his current auctions.

PM me his address and eBay User ID. Let me see what I can dig up.

Eric
Eric is good at finding things about people. It's like he works for the FBI or something..... :shocked:
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It's about 75% common sense and 25% experience, really.

Eric

hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

3eland wrote:
Eric is good at finding things about people. It's like he works for the FBI or something..... :shocked:
MagickalMemories wrote:It's about 75% common sense and 25% experience, really.

Eric
....So 75% FBI and 25% something...... Interesting :)
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

I think I would mentally be troat punching this guy till I at least got my miniatures back...
skuller ( 310 )
Bartertown's Bob Ross

Post by skuller »

ssapper wrote:I think I would mentally be troat punching this guy till I at least got my miniatures back...
Groin kicking....throat punching time has already pass :D
No international trades (not including Canada)
BTR rules
lower rates ship first
---------
Hail Hydra!!!

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”