Anyone recognise this mini

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Anyone recognise this mini

Post by kturock »

It's a fantasy dwarf from the 80's, probably late 80's.
I can't read the name, it looks like it might say "Sven" and the surname is unreadable. No manufacturer on it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Anyone recognise this mini

Post by pretre »

Hasslefree - Sven.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

"1985 Dwarf C06 War Chieftain Magnificent Sven Haslefriesian Norse Nordic Citadel. Designed by Alan and Michael Perry (better known as the Perry twins).

Shown on the May 1985 flyer. Suit a Nordic army and also brought out as a Norse Dwarf. This was also shown in the Magnificent Sven scenario. I think that was where they put together miniatures that had been released before, and some that had never been released (and that were only available with these "deals") for a specially written Warhammer fantasy battle scenario. This was a way of re-selling miniatures from an older line. The Tragedy of McDeath being another one.

Nice little Nordic model. They brought out quite a range of Norse Dwarves. Good if you wanted a themed unit for a Northern Dwarf army as there was plenty of choice and you could get a unit of Dwarfs that didn't look all the same, but still had the same Dwarven Viking genre. They later showed a lot of the range in the 1988 catalogue but showed even more Dwarves in the Red 1991 catalogue (the latter showed the Command unit miniatures). These are highly collectable, and if you are collecting them be aware that there are variations of the same miniature. Some will look virtually the same, but with a subtle difference, such as the beard will be parted in the middle."
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

^

That's what I was going to say.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Thanks for the quick info.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:^

I stole it from an ebay auction.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:

I just put it there after you sent me that info.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

pretre wrote:

It was a joke at how fast and knowledgeable you sounded lol. I actually had no clue. LOL
~Ryan~

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

No I'm serious. He posted that, I copied it and posted it with my mini on ebay. If he got it from someone there, that's even funnier.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

lol

Epic.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote:No I'm serious. He posted that, I copied it and posted it with my mini on ebay. If he got it from someone there, that's even funnier.
Wait what?
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

ouroboros-simple-svg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”