USPS is lowering prices for Prioirty mail

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

USPS is lowering prices for Prioirty mail

Post by kturock »

when postage is purchased online.

Yes that sucks for the window clerks, it's trying to phase out their jobs.

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor ... 35100.html
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: USPS is lowering prices for Prioirty mail

Post by 3eland »

Does this affect shipping to Canada at all?
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Nope.
well maybe.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Kinda awesome for those of us that use online shipping though...
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

It does include International (checked just now for a trade.)

While I agree it does suck for clerks, if a private organization lost as much money per quarter as USPS does it would have folded long ago. Something has to be done to cut costs.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

YoungWolf777 wrote:It does include International (checked just now for a trade.)

While I agree it does suck for clerks, if a private organization lost as much money per quarter as USPS does it would have folded long ago. Something has to be done to cut costs.
The USPS didn't lose money until the government privatized them (while keeping them under Uncle Sam's thumb) but still required them to fund retirement plans for other government entities 10 years (or something like that) in advance.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
YoungWolf777 wrote:It does include International (checked just now for a trade.)

The USPS didn't lose money until the government privatized them (while keeping them under Uncle Sam's thumb) but still required them to fund retirement plans for other government entities 10 years (or something like that) in advance.

Eric
It's funding retirement for 70 years in advance.

USPS is carrying and delivering more Fed Ex and UPS parcels than they do.

Usps is not privatized, but was mandated by W to run as a company, not government agency. Thats why it's usps.com not .gov, like it used to be.

YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Regardless of how it happened, something needs to change. USPS is hemorrhaging money faster than it can raise rates.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

YoungWolf777 wrote:Regardless of how it happened, something needs to change. USPS is hemorrhaging money faster than it can raise rates.
It's making money until it has to pay the retirement.
By law, USPS can only raise rates based on past costs, not projected costs.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

My brother is a Mail Carrier. He has said exactly what kturock did... only my brother interspersed prolific cussing. LOL

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:My brother is a Mail Carrier. He has said exactly what kturock did... only my brother interspersed prolific cussing. LOL

Eric
Bad for the window jockeys; good for the mail carriers. I make my mail carrier work for her money every week. Keepin' her in a job.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

No. Not good for them at all.
Due to the crappy "funding retirement for Senators and crap for 70 years in advance" policies the US Gov't put on the USPS, they're CONSTANTLY looking for ways to save money. One of the new ones being implemented is mailbox "banks." Some new developments, instead of having mail boxes at each house, have a central area where ALL of the boxes are housed. Want your mail? You have to go to where the boxes are to get it.
This means that a mail carrier can do that 'route' in a fraction of the time, leaving them available to do more routes. So, instead of 8 carriers doing 8 routes, they now only need ONE carrier to do them. That's 7 less mail carrier jobs.

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Well, obviously that change is bad for carriers, but I was talking about the one being discussed in the thread. Cheaper shipping = more USPS shipping.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:Well, obviously that change is bad for carriers, but I was talking about the one being discussed in the thread. Cheaper shipping = more USPS shipping.
+1

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:No. Not good for them at all.
Due to the crappy "funding retirement for Senators and crap for 70 years in advance" policies the US Gov't put on the USPS, they're CONSTANTLY looking for ways to save money. One of the new ones being implemented is mailbox "banks." Some new developments, instead of having mail boxes at each house, have a central area where ALL of the boxes are housed. Want your mail? You have to go to where the boxes are to get it.
This means that a mail carrier can do that 'route' in a fraction of the time, leaving them available to do more routes. So, instead of 8 carriers doing 8 routes, they now only need ONE carrier to do them. That's 7 less mail carrier jobs.

Eric

Also with Staples now 'partnered' with USPS. The people who make your photcopies now can sell you stamps and mail packages. Don't ask them about any serives, since they've had no training. Don't try to file a claim either. But they can copy that form you you. Do you want a color copy or blank & white?

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”