A new guy to Bartertown, Introducing Myself

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

ferruslupus ( 0 )
New Trader

A new guy to Bartertown, Introducing Myself

Post by ferruslupus »

Good afternoon everyone. This is my first time on BT and was directed here by a guy I really trust. I have an army I want to sell, maybe trade, and he recommended I post here among quality folks.
A little background. I am located in Dallas Texas, USA. Have been an avid WH40K builder/painter/collector for 13 years. Just this last year I started getting into WH Fantasy.
Currently my collection stands at just about hit 50,000 pts 40k and about 7000 in WHFB. I love the hobby and with the new releases I found myself having to say farewell to a favorite army of mine to offset the new spending.

If y'all have any questions/issues/advice to give please let me know. I have been looking through newbie posts and trying to get a feel for proper behavior.

That is all and that is me.
OJOR VA RUSS!!!
VYLKA FENRIKA!!!
FOR RUSS AND THE ALFODR!!!!
(HOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL)!!!!!!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: A new guy to Bartertown, Introducing Myself

Post by MagickalMemories »

The "Bartertown Information and Misc Messages" forum is for BTown specific messages.
This thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum.
Welcome to the site. I hope you do well.

Eric

Also sent via PM
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bhouze ( 44 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bhouze »

Welcome.
I would suggest you start with smaller deals to work up your rating as you will be shipping first most of the time. The bitz forum was a great starting spot for me.
Always ship insured to military addresses (The only time I lost a package). In my opinion
I don't know about the US but here in Canada the first $100 insurance is included in the basic postage. I tend to value in country trades at retail no matter how old, beat up a mini may be as the insurance will provide enough for a new model if need be (never happened to me yet but could) and cover my end of a trade. If you value it, insure it.
Patience is key. Not everyone is in a mad rush to get things done. Some trades just take a while to work out the details and get shipped. We all have lives outside of gaming. It's my hobby not my sole source of income.
Never ship ground to the southern hemisphere. I once did a multiple razorback trade to New Zealand and the other party shipped first and ground. Nasty, nasty wait times. I had to return the favour and ship ground back. Always strive to mutually ship airmail. It may cost more but waiting over a month sucks.
Oh yeah, think long term. Nothing burns me more than trying to find stuff that I thought I wasn't going to use/need again (Necromunda just keeps getting harder to find for a reasonable price).
ferruslupus ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by ferruslupus »

Thanks Bhouze,
Useful info. My foremost is the army trade and i hate to break it up as that can hinder long term. However now that I know about this community I will be starting to move more within on the bits and other deals. I pride myself on honor and integrity in any transaction. I know it may seem empty words but that is the truth. every deal ive done in the past whether personal trades or ebay have always been sameday pay and or ship. I think the worst delay i ever had to do was two days from pay till tracking number due to weekend .

Great advice on the overseas issues. I had one sale via ebay where the buyer was at airforce academy and that shipping requirement took a third of purchase price.... Lost my back side on that deal and have been cautious since. oh well.
You will see more of me around.
OJOR VA RUSS!!!
VYLKA FENRIKA!!!
FOR RUSS AND THE ALFODR!!!!
(HOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL)!!!!!!!!

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”