Breaking up with GW

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Alzarakh ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Breaking up with GW

Post by Alzarakh »

Off the top, feebay or BT?

So, I've come to the conclusion that after a year of not even touching a model (Stupid 6th edition) and yet another dissapointment with 7th edition, that it's time to say goodbye to GW. Here's my slight dilemma... almost 20 years of models...

I'm not in a big rush to sell them so I don't mind selling single models but is ebay better/worth the hassle or should I just relist a bunch of times here and hope to sell them all?
Chunk them together?
Sell them as singles?
Try and sell entire armies?
Seperate gamesday models and rarities?

I've tried entire armies in the past and had some luck. Plus not being in a rush I would like to get at least 40% of retail for them if possible.

Another thing I was thinking too is that some of my models are from the early 1990's and some are recent sculpts. Seperate those ones? (My Necrons are a prime example, picked up a bunch in '97 and then a bunch more when the newer ones came out.) So, some armies are a mish-mash of old and new models. Silly spaes mehreens and their changing chassis when I got back into the game!

Thanks in advance :)
Trading: Lower ships first.
Please Leave References!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Breaking up with GW

Post by pretre »

Alzarakh wrote:I'm not in a big rush to sell them so I don't mind selling single models but is ebay better/worth the hassle or should I just relist a bunch of times here and hope to sell them all?
Chunk them together?
Sell them as singles?
Try and sell entire armies?
Seperate gamesday models and rarities?
eBay will be 'quicker' but you'll lose more to fees.
I would chunk them up into units, special characters, vehicles, rarities and sell them here. Keep like to like (i.e. old necrons in one unit, newcrons in another.)
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Painted or bare or primed

That makes a significant difference in price and desireability. If an army is all painted, matches itself, then I would try to move it as a whole.

Primed or unpainted is much easier to part out.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
THEFAN ( 580 )
Millenium Trader

Post by THEFAN »

Any RT and pre 1990 fantasy you should let me see what you have. :) TY D
"I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." - D. Rockefeller creator of the National Education Association.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

If ebay, please dont be the seller who list a 20 man ig squad ONE MODEL AT A TIME.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
Alzarakh ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Alzarakh »

Thanks for the responses. Most of it actually never got painted, it was always a side hobby that slowly got out of control. :roll:
Im still sorting it all but the squad thing does seem the best way to go. Ill try and sell my smaller armies in a chunk amd break up the bigger ones.
Trading: Lower ships first.
Please Leave References!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

You also have the 'from Canada' modifier.
To people in Canada, it's a boon. Less shipping costs, quicker shipping time, no customs screw-ups.
To people outside of Canada it's the reverse; for the same reasons.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”