My son's HS Steel Drum2 does Tool's "Vicarious."

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

mardaddy601 ( 260 )
Expert Trader

My son's HS Steel Drum2 does Tool's "Vicarious."

Post by mardaddy601 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q7Kce5XsHc

Thought a proud pop should share.

…and you have no idea how challenging this was for them, from the genesis of the teaching to the final product.

All of the songs the class learns, they vote on themselves. They do all the arranging and set their practice schedule.

This song has multiple timing switches, from 5/4 to 9/8 to 6/8 etc… In which, 22 students have to all be in sequence or the song falls apart – and this is only one of 14 songs they learned this grading term!

Add to that there is no sheet music for the song available. So the guitarist, Ethan, wrote the sheet music for everyone to use and study.

I do not know ANY Tool songs, not my style of music, but I was impressed seeing this happen both as he was studying the sheet music at home, practicing on his keyboard (which can program to steel drum), and the extra effort after hours practicing with his ensemble.

So… appreciate and give props!
None of these things are VITAL, this is a HOBBY. A hobby we enjoy, but still, a HOBBY.

Lower rating ships or pays 1st, myself included. Used to be more flexible; but was burned in recent months by a few newbies. If 200+ feedback w/no negs and 10+ years member is not enough to be trusted, well, like I said - none of this is VITAL.
Basement Dweller ( 162 )
BTown Regular

Re: My son's HS Steel Drum2 does Tool's "Vicarious."

Post by Basement Dweller »

I'm a huge tool fan and that is awesome...so well done...you should be proud!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Cool.

I'm not familiar with the song, but they sounded nice.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

wow MM, way to sound old..."That was nice". ;-)
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, it's true. :shrug:
Steel drums have a "nice" sound. They're not exactly a "Dude! That was freaking hard core!" kind of instrument. LOL

You never see mosh pits on Jamaican beaches. Just saying. : )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:Well, it's true. :shrug:
Steel drums have a "nice" sound. They're not exactly a "Dude! That was freaking hard core!" kind of instrument. LOL

You never see most pits on Jamaican beaches. Just saying. : )

Eric

Check out a band called Bad Brains.. metal/punk/island. been around since the 1980's.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”