An apology to the community

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Death_Jester ( 54 )
Apprentice Trader

An apology to the community

Post by Death_Jester »

Hello good people of Bartertown,

I wanted to take a moment and address my faux pas when bumping one of my own posts in the “Warhammer 40K Wanted/For Sale or Trade” thread. I made a mistake and wanted to say I’m sorry about that; I had forgotten the time frame for bumping. Not that it’s an excuse, because I could have taken the five minutes to reread them.

So, I’m sorry and it will not happen again. As a matter of fact I’ll wait Two weeks before bumping my stuff again. :-D And I’ll try to be a better citizen, because I like this place and would like to stay a part of it in the future.

I know this apology isn’t required, but I felt obligated to at least address the mistake.

Thanks for your time.
--Jester
First off I do NOT have a pay pal account. If that is a problem please let me know.
Second I will send all items via certified mail and provide a tracking number for them. I'll expect the same from anyone I'm trading with.
Third if you need to contact me off site please feel free to drop me a line at my primary email address michael underscore hawlmoon at yahoo dot com. By the way, no spaces. :)
Fourth If I've been ripped off be assured that I will be contacting the Admins and after that, the Authorities.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: An apology to the community

Post by 3eland »

Thank you Death_Jester,

Following the rules ensures the greatest experience for all users. It also keeps me from going lock crazy to threads! (LOL)

Remember though, "bumping" can only ever be done if something significant has changed to your thread and you are posting a reply of said changes. Also, you may repost a thread every 7 days, if nothing has changed (or what HAS changed is fairly close to the 7 day mark) simply repost the thread. This allows it to once again go to the top of the forum, and it prevents unneeded bumping.

What I like to do is repost my thread, then I edit my old thread with a link to my new thread. This gives users who stumble across my older thread a direct link to a fresh thread.

That was a lot of threads.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Death_Jester ( 54 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Death_Jester »

Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply to that. So if you don't mind me asking when would be a good time to repost my original request? I'm thinking next Monday (which would be one week from the original posting) but I'd like to confirm.

Thanks for commenting Ryan. I appreciate it buddy.
First off I do NOT have a pay pal account. If that is a problem please let me know.
Second I will send all items via certified mail and provide a tracking number for them. I'll expect the same from anyone I'm trading with.
Third if you need to contact me off site please feel free to drop me a line at my primary email address michael underscore hawlmoon at yahoo dot com. By the way, no spaces. :)
Fourth If I've been ripped off be assured that I will be contacting the Admins and after that, the Authorities.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

If you originally posted your trade thread on Monday, you can repost it the following Monday (or any day after Monday). The forums work in a 7 day cycle. So if you posted at 12:00 p.m. Monday, you won't be able to post again until 12:00 p.m. the following Monday.

Hopefully that answers your question,

Ryan
~Ryan~

Death_Jester ( 54 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Death_Jester »

Thank you sir. Much obliged.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

3eland wrote:If you originally posted your trade thread on Monday, you can repost it the following Monday (or any day after Monday). The forums work in a 7 day cycle. So if you posted at 12:00 p.m. Monday, you won't be able to post again until 12:00 p.m. the following Monday.

Ryan
12:01
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

kturock wrote:
3eland wrote:If you originally posted your trade thread on Monday, you can repost it the following Monday (or any day after Monday). The forums work in a 7 day cycle. So if you posted at 12:00 p.m. Monday, you won't be able to post again until 12:00 p.m. the following Monday.

Ryan
12:01
Depends on the clock ;)
~Ryan~

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

There was a discussion about this. You have to wait over 1 week, so it has to be 1 minute later. That's how the software is written.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Yes I remember, I was just teasing you :D. I would think it would take more than a minute to write the post though, unless they wrote it and were waiting to submit watching the clock to turn 7 days.
~Ryan~

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

unless you wrote your post in wordpad, then edittied it as items were sold or traded. The copied and pasted it.
Been there. Done that.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Very true, you are 100% correct!
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote:unless you wrote your post in wordpad, then edittied it as items were sold or traded. The copied and pasted it.
Been there. Done that.
People do it any other way?
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:
kturock wrote:unless you wrote your post in wordpad, then edittied it as items were sold or traded. The copied and pasted it.
Been there. Done that.
People do it any other way?
Scroll up a couple posts.. I'm not naming names..but some new watcher... ;-)

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

You cannot assume every person, including new people to forum trading, have grown accustom to using notepad/wordpad. However, although I do save my lists in wordpad, there have been times where I simply forgot to edit my original ad/notepad save with all the changes to my list and so I would have to edit my new one any way.

This thread is going severely off topic though,

:D

(I also like to type. I've been known to talk, and talk, and talk.. especially texting.. drives my friends crazy sometimes)
~Ryan~

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

all it takes is losing all the info before you post it. You'll quickly [hopefully] learn how to save the info.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”