H: iPhone 5c w/ Flappy Bird W: $1k obo

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Garlicson2 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

H: iPhone 5c w/ Flappy Bird W: $1k obo

Post by Garlicson2 »

Hey guys, before you say anything, no I'm not REALLY selling an iPhone for $1k. I came across probably one of the most hilarious auctions I have ever seen on ebay and throughout the entire internet. Basically any phone that haves the game Flappy Bird is selling at an outrageous price. So what's the big deal about this game on smartphones?

Well, let me make this story short, Flappy Bird was just an ordinary game that got popular almost a year later. The maker of the game didn't want to be famous for this game as he borrowed most of the ideas from Nintendo games, so a few days ago he tweeted on Twiter he was going to remove the game. Here's a link so that you may read it yourself: http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/02/09/fla ... ng-nguyen/

Tonight, the game was removed, and ebay sellers are now offering iPhones with this game now that its rare, and are pricing it through the roof! I even saw an smartphone being bid on, and someone placed a $78k bid on the lousy device! So the question is if this game is really going to be rare, are we going to start seeing a couple of trade ads here on btown having this game for a couple of weeks? Even a month? You can see the link here on the auctions: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... d&_sacat=0

UPDATE: Well, now looking on ebay, thousands of people are putting up auctions as well, and the value just went downhill in a matter of 12 hours after the game was removed. More than likely we won't be seeing much auctions in a few days if this continues.

So what are your thoughts on this? Is it really stupid or a great way to earn some cash by selling your phone, then easily replace it and still have a lot of money to spend? Let me know with your comments! I think this is just amusing how people will pay a truckload of money for a game that USED to be free.

Thanks for reading,
Johnny
Couple of things to know when trading with me:

1. Lower rating ships/trades first (Me included), unless your ad states vice versa, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The price on my lot does NOT include shipping, unless my ad says otherwise.

3. I'm not good with shipping at the same time, so if our rating is the same, we should discuss who'll send first.

Other than that, I'm a easy going trader, so don't hesitate to make any offer, worst I can say is "No thanks".

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”