eBay alernative?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Alzarakh ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: eBay alernative?

Post by Alzarakh »

Good points there too eric. When I repost this week i'll make them into smaller lots, that way I can hopefully build up some reps and like 3eland said; most people are looking for specific things. Shipping would be easier as well due to the factor of having an exact number for them when it arrives. Ill just file the reciepts if they need a reference.

The only pain is tracking to the USA is only available through express/expedited so it's about $10 more, do people generally mind that? Ive never really had any problems with mailing things but I know things can happen.

@kturock I can't seem to find the post atm. Im using my phone so Ill have to check later when i get to a computer. :-)
Trading: Lower ships first.
Please Leave References!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Alzarakh wrote:Good points there too eric. When I repost this week i'll make them into smaller lots, that way I can hopefully build up some reps and like 3eland said; most people are looking for specific things. Shipping would be easier as well due to the factor of having an exact number for them when it arrives. Ill just file the reciepts if they need a reference.

The only pain is tracking to the USA is only available through express/expedited so it's about $10 more, do people generally mind that? Ive never really had any problems with mailing things but I know things can happen.

@kturock I can't seem to find the post atm. Im using my phone so Ill have to check later when i get to a computer. :-)

I forgot you're in Canada.. COD isn't available for international mail.
[i've had a long, bad day...1000's of ants took over my water softener system SAT nite. Had to repair it then and today.]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Alzarakh ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Alzarakh »

Ah okay, that would be awesome though. Think of the possiblilities.

On a side note, ants in January? I hope you evicted them with utmost predjudice.
Please Leave References!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

January means nothing to Florida, that's where they go when they leave us in the winter.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Alzarakh wrote:Okay, thanks guys. I could try shipping first but even I'm leary about sending $300 worth of models before the money is there. Is it worth a try though?
I understand you being leery, but let's look at something...
Your rating is currently 20. That is 10 successful trades for which you've received a reference, presuming there are no negatives to factor into the equation.
Pretre, on the other hand, is currently 294. That is 147 successful trades for which he's received references, presuming there are no negatives to factor into the equation.
With all other factors being the same, who has done more to establish a reputable reputation?
Yay! I'm reputable.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

phhhfft.. newb,

To add something germaine to the discussion...

Alzarakh, you CAN add more than 5 images to any given post.. you have to use the "imbed images" button next to the photo file once you have uploaded it, and before you submit the post.. doing things that way, I can add 40 pictures to a post .. (probably higher, but 40 was my personal max.. )

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

porkuslime wrote:phhhfft.. newb,

Alzarakh, you CAN add more than 5 images to any given post.. you have to use the "imbed images" button next to the photo file once you have uploaded it, and before you submit the post.. doing things that way, I can add 40 pictures to a post .. (probably higher, but 40 was my personal max.. )

-Porkuslime
I'm totally a newb. :)

Also, I find it useful to use Dakkadakka.com's gallery to store my pics and then use the links to them here. It is free and full of fun features.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Alzarakh ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Alzarakh »

porkuslime wrote:phhhfft.. newb,

-Porkuslime
Ooookay, thanks. I just hot linked them for now to save people having to scroll through a bunch of pictures. That way they can just click the numbers and it'll bring them right to the image/albumn they're in. Do you find that people like to have them viewable right away?
Please Leave References!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

People are impatient and lazy sometimes. The less work they have to do for themselves, the more they like it.
That said, I don't think it's really a big deal to have to click a link.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

pretre wrote:Yay! I'm reputable.
Whoah! Whoah! Whoah!
Slow you're roll there, Sparky! I didn't say you were actually reputable. I said:
With all other factors being the same, who has done more to establish a reputable reputation?
I'm just saying you've done more work towards it. The truth is, there's something shady and odd about you that I haven't just put my finger on. I'm watching you, though!

:wink: :twisted:

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

MagickalMemories wrote:People are impatient and lazy sometimes. The less work they have to do for themselves, the more they like it.
That said, I don't think it's really a big deal to have to click a link.

Eric
I'm mostly lazy but I will click through to dakka and photobucket, but please make sure the album is in order. I don't want to ahve to scroll though 40 pictures of your dog (unless it is up for trade as well) to see the 3 pictures of your army.

The one thing I won't click is a facebook link to pictures. Yes I have FB but can't access it at work (where I do most of my surfing) and can't be bothered to sign into it when at home.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

optimusprime14 wrote: I don't want to ahve to scroll though 40 pictures of your dog (unless it is up for trade as well) to see the 3 pictures of your army.
He better NOT be...
Rule #9: Concerning 'acceptable' trade goods people have asked about:
<SNIP>
• Animals or animal parts are NOT acceptable trade materials. We're just not going to go there. For that matter, human beings or any of their constituent parts aren't acceptable trade materials either.
<SNIP>
LOL

Eric

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

There goes my post about trading my son, he's only 2 so he can be considered almost NiB.......
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

optimusprime14 wrote:There goes my post about trading my son, he's only 2 so he can be considered almost NiB.......
Well, we'd probably have to debate whether or not children can be properly classified as "people."
LOL

Eric

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

MagickalMemories wrote:
optimusprime14 wrote:There goes my post about trading my son, he's only 2 so he can be considered almost NiB.......
Well, we'd probably have to debate whether or not children can be properly classified as "people."
LOL

Eric

Rule #9: Concerning 'acceptable' trade goods people have asked about:
<SNIP>
• Animals or animal parts are NOT acceptable trade materials. We're just not going to go there. For that matter, human beings or any of their constituent parts aren't acceptable trade materials either.
<SNIP>

RAW they count as human beings, however this could also be debated as monsters could also be argued....

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”