Video instead of pics

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Video instead of pics

Post by Brother Ranz »

For a little while now, I have been sending videos to potential trading partners instead of pics. I find these to be very easy and much better for representing what you have. I ask for a phone number or email and send as many 45 second or so as necessary to describe properly the items I have. I also talk about our deal. Pics are old and busted, video is the new hottness.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Video instead of pics

Post by pretre »

Interesting idea. What if you're the kind of guy who hates talking to people though? :)

Also, do you make one video for your stuff or one for each trading partner? I'd go crazy if I had to do one for each partner.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

I do it when someone asks for pics. So far, pretty much everyone who has received a video has bought or traded for my stuff.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Video does not typically have the ability to show detail and be scrutinized in detail like pics do, though. This is important for assembled, primed & painted stuff, as well as items where condition is important to impart.

Also, moved to an appropriate discussion forum, as this is not information re: Bartertown (the site).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

I find the opposite to be true. I take nice closeups and my partner can pause or rewind. I describe the condition as I film it. A picture is worth a thousand words and video is a lot of pictures. :)

Video adds a great amount of assurance that the pic is not doctored or taken from an angle that obscures defects and even more that the items are actually on hand as you can ask the person sending the video to make mention of the details of the trade or simply to mention your name. Much more fraudproof and protects the seller as well as evidence of condition bartered for and you can document the packing as well as the mailing.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Fair enough.
Honestly, though, with the crappy STILl photos so many people manage to take, I doubt many of them could put forward videos of a quality you're discussing.
If you have a link to an OLD video (with no current trade items in it), I wouldn't mind seeing it posted, do we can check it out. Could be a good reference for people considering doing it themselves.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”