Need Advice on Foam Trays

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Masakik ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Need Advice on Foam Trays

Post by Masakik »

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a bunch of foam trays. I'm going to buy a bunch of trays, enough to fit 800 standard minis+

I live in Canada, and looking for some advice on where online I should go to buy these?

Thanks!
When shipping to Canada always put value at $20 or less and label as Toy Soldiers or something related to toys.
Lord Cedric ( 292 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Need Advice on Foam Trays

Post by Lord Cedric »

I hear BattleFoam is pretty good. I'm also needing several but for around 4 thousand models. I'm planning on making them myself with open cell foam, cardboard, and cardboard boxes.

- Lord Cedric

Sent by my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

"....And yes! I play them all too." :-D
Karyle ( 336 )
Resident Trader

Post by Karyle »

If you're buying trays, Battle Foam is where it's at.
I always trade using standard Bartertown practices (i.e., traders with a lower Trader Rating ship their items first, unless other mutually agreeable terms are reached).
I always ship items using USPS, and I always ship using Delivery Confirmation. You should, too.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Couldn't agree more. I've had the BEST luck with Battlefoam.
If you're buying a case, too, then custom create ALL of your trays. It's no additional charge.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Masakik ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Masakik »

Excellent, thank you for all the advice!
When shipping to Canada always put value at $20 or less and label as Toy Soldiers or something related to toys.
vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Post by vurumai »

You are going to buy Battlefoam. They are very pricey but really are the best.

Do not mess around and half-booty this. Get a PACK 720 and as much foam as you can afford. If you do not know what cut outs you want, then get pull and pluck foam. Add to your foam collection as your mini collection grows.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

I really like Portable Warfare bags and foam. Reasonable prices, good quality. I have 2 of their bags and far too much foam.

Reaper bags and foam are garbage. That was the first bag I ever purchased and I regret it. The bag is about as firm as a pillowcase, the zipper is always getting stuck, and the foam is similar to cotton candy in the ability to hold things in place. It is now nothing more than my old templates storage, which I never open.

I have heard good things about Battlefoam products, but I just will not pay that much. As a side note, there was a bit of controversy with BF practices a while back. You can google it if you care to.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
pixelgeek ( 204 )
Resident Trader

Post by pixelgeek »

Masakik wrote:Hello,
I'm looking to buy a bunch of foam trays. I'm going to buy a bunch of trays, enough to fit 800 standard minis+
Is this for storage or for carrying figs to games? And what kids of minis?

You don't need Battlefoam trays to store figures and there are a lot of people that sell good storage and portable solutions that aren't as expensive. And aren't run by Romeo who is, to be honest, a bit of an a**hole who likes suing his competitors.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Oh, and don't forget Sabol. They make good products and are fairly priced. I forgot that I have a motorpool case from them and it works well. All of my cases are in storage from moving, and I bet I have a couple more that I forgot about. I swear I have a set from Battleroad or somesuch and it was ok as well. There are various "discount" options as well. I think TheWarstore used to sell cardboard boxes filled with pluck-foam for pretty cheap. If you were needing a ton of storage, that would be a lot cheaper on your wallet. Reasonably, you aren't going to be carrying more than a few dozen models around with you (unless it is 6mm scale or something), so you don't need a ton of flashy gear. Maybe 2 nice bags with good foam for game store/convention runs, and the rest just non-descript boxes in your closet/game area. And yeah, the Battlefoam owner-guy has a bit of an online reputation as being a sue-happy bully who threatens people with violence. I have a problem giving money to people like that.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

I love my battlefoam, one of the best purchases I've made for my hobby in general. I have 2 sets that fit into my 720, one for my Tau ( about 2500 pts) and one for my BA (about 4000 pts) I have both the pluck foam and the pre-cut stuff.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Masakik ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Masakik »

pixelgeek wrote:
Is this for storage or for carrying figs to games? And what kids of minis?

You don't need Battlefoam trays to store figures and there are a lot of people that sell good storage and portable solutions that aren't as expensive. And aren't run by Romeo who is, to be honest, a bit of an a**hole who likes suing his competitors.

Yes, this is just for storage not for carrying. I was thinking of just getting trays and cardboard boxes. What do you think?
pixelgeek ( 204 )
Resident Trader

Post by pixelgeek »

Masakik wrote:
pixelgeek wrote:
Yes, this is just for storage not for carrying. I was thinking of just getting trays and cardboard boxes. What do you think?
If it just for storage then I would look to see if you have a local source for KR Multicase products.

http://krmulticase.com

They have a wide selection of foam for different size products and they can build trays with custom sets of foam. They also do custom cutting.

The best thing is that they build cardboard cases that you can put foam in to store and then pull the foam out to use in your own cases or one of theirs.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”